The English Lower League thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Sheffield United back in the Premier League for the first time since 2007

Leeds, West Brom and Aston Villa confirmed playoff teams so far; Leeds and West Brom can finish 3rd/4th with WBA jumping to third if they win + Leeds lose to Ipswich. Villa locked into 5th place. Sixth place down to Derby, Boro and Bristol City with Derby/Bristol having a game in hand. Derby will finish 6th if they beat Swansea away midweek, barring a crazy GD swing on the final day

Reactions: sabremike

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Play to the whistle and all, but for f***s sake Leeds. Bielsa is fantastic.

I'm absolutely stoked with Sheffield coming up. I've had a soft spot ever since a real good career mode I did with them when they were in League One (FIFA 12).

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
With late goals in the Sunderland and Pompey games, Barnsley will be promoted back to the Championship for next year

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
With late goals in the Sunderland and Pompey games, Barnsley will be promoted back to the Championship for next year

Luton as well, back to back promotions too

Bristol kept their slim playoff hopes alive but if Derby win tomorrow at Swansea then it’s over.

Last edited:
Reactions: sabremike

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Play to the whistle and all, but for ****s sake Leeds. Bielsa is fantastic.

I'm absolutely stoked with Sheffield coming up. I've had a soft spot ever since a real good career mode I did with them when they were in League One (FIFA 12).

I'd like to see Leeds back in the Premiership.

Interesting. I associate Sheffield United with Warnock and I just didn't love them at that time. What's interesting is that a few years ago somebody floated the idea that they combine the clubs. Now Sheffield United are heading back to the Premiership and Sheffield Wednesday are in the top half of the Championship.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA

Killer loss for Pompey today...

They've played more games than any other club in Europe next year... Another 3 matches potentially could catch up with them.

Playoffs is an improvement on last season, but they let automatics slip away with their horrendous form after Christmas.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Derby held to a draw in Swansea so three teams can still finish in the final playoff spot

6. Derby 71 +13
7. Middlesbrough 70 +7
8. Bristol City 69 +6

Derby host West Brom, who could still finish 3rd if they win but could possibly rest players prior to the playoffs; Boro go to already relegated Rotherham; Bristol are away to Hull.

Derby control their destiny, a win will be enough. If they drop points it opens the door for Middlesbrough who must win regardless. Bristol kept themselves alive but have to hope both Derby and Boro drop points while they beat Hull

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Brentford awarded a 1:0 win for the match which Bolton boycotted. Bolton face further punishment (possibly points deduction) next season

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
Notts County and Yeovil have dropped out of the football league while everyone's least favorite team MK Dons gets the final League 2 auto promotion spot.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Notts County and Yeovil have dropped out of the football league while everyone's least favorite team MK Dons gets the final League 2 auto promotion spot.

Some drama for that last playoff spot, Newport scored a late equalizer to go into 7th while Exeter and Colchester just miss out (Exeter failed to beat FGR which would have been enough and fall two spots on the final day)

League 2 Playoffs
Mansfield Town vs. Newport County
Forest Green Rovers vs. Tranmere Rovers

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
League One season is complete, the two sides up were already known but changes to the playoffs. Both Sunderland and Portsmouth lose meaning they will face each other in the 1st round, Charlton who won 4:0 move up to 3rd place on GD where they will play Doncaster

At the bottom; harsh for Plymouth who go down on GD despite beating also relegated Scunthorpe; Wimbledon stay up by the skin of their teeth with a draw at already relegated Bradford while the big winners were Southend who beat Sunderland to stay up. Going down: Bradford, Scunthorpe, Walsall, Plymouth Argyle

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
League One season is complete, the two sides up were already known but changes to the playoffs. Both Sunderland and Portsmouth lose meaning they will face each other in the 1st round, Charlton who won 4:0 move up to 3rd place on GD where they will play Doncaster

At the bottom; harsh for Plymouth who go down on GD despite beating also relegated Scunthorpe; Wimbledon stay up by the skin of their teeth with a draw at already relegated Bradford while the big winners were Southend who beat Sunderland to stay up. Going down: Bradford, Scunthorpe, Walsall, Plymouth Argyle

Excellent end of season form for Wimbledon. Thought they were going down for sure a couple months ago and they basically haven’t lost since then.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA

Portsmouth drew but it didn't matter, going down to 4th on Goal Differential.

Sunderland has had bad luck against Pompey...we'll see if continues.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I'd like to see Forest Green, Portsmouth and Leeds as the teams to win the promotion playoffs.

Don't want WBA or Charlton winning, they've been either in the premium league or championship pretty recently so want a new team promoted. Also all 4 teams in the league two playoffs would be cool to go up as I don't recall the last time any of them were in league one. Tranmere winning back to back promotions would be cool they just haven't been playing good football down the stretch. I just like FGR because they were a fun RTG in Fifa 18.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Derby beat West Brom 3:1 and secure 6th place and will face the out of form Leeds in the playoffs. Leeds lost to Ipswich today and haven't won their last four matches

Leeds United (3) vs. Derby County (6)
West Brom (4) vs. Aston Villa (5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad