The English Lower League thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
Bielsa should resign.

Forcing people to watch training sessions overseen by dinosaurs like Bruce, McClaren and Paul Lambert is an act of unspeakable abuse.

And goodness knows what damage observing a Pulis team work out will do to a chap's neck muscles.

Then again, from a man-management point of view it's a stroke of genius, 'Don't obey my instructions and I'll sell you to these clowns, and listen to what they'll make you do every day.'

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
I think it says a lot about the state of the Championship that it took half the season being over before another team spotted some guy with a clipboard wearing lily white clothes with binoculars in the stands.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I'm making up a rumor. Harry Wilson to Liverpool, Ben Woodburn to Derby.

Deal with it

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Bielsa is hilarious lol. The videos and explanations of every Derby game so that every team in the league will know how to play against them were icing on the cake.

I know he was trolling, but the thing that is setting Leeds apart from the other teams this season is a commitment to being prepared for every situation. The whole staff seems to have it figured out.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I've been waiting to catch up to this story and I couldn't wait when I heard about the press conference. Fantastic stuff! This reminds me of how I did something similar with my boss this year.

Next season Bielsa will further swell the ranks of top level managers in the Premiership. Of course one can hope that he won't and replacing Valverde will be even easier.

The videos and explanations of every Derby game so that every team in the league will know how to play against them were icing on the cake.

Yep, and he should have added "we've beat them 6-1 on aggregate this season so it clearly works."

Too bad they don't play Derby again this season. I'd send a "spy" fully kitted out in LUFC gear from the track suit all the way to one of those hats with a pom on top that has the name of the club knitted into it.

Reactions: Stray Wasp

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
I've been waiting to catch up to this story and I couldn't wait when I heard about the press conference. Fantastic stuff! This reminds me of how I did something similar with my boss this year.

Next season Bielsa will further swell the ranks of top level managers in the Premiership. Of course one can hope that he won't and replacing Valverde will be even easier.

Yep, and he should have added "we've beat them 6-1 on aggregate this season so it clearly works."

Too bad they don't play Derby again this season. I'd send a "spy" fully kitted out in LUFC gear from the track suit all the way to one of those hats with a pom on top that has the name of the club knitted into it.

To complete the disguise, how about a Billy Bremner mask?

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
tbf I'd rather watch a 'lower' league team where fans celebrate like that than a Premier League team where half the crowd are tourists who react to goals by filming it on their phones

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Luton beats Portsmouth 3-2 to move 5 points clear at the top.

Pompey has lost 3 straight for the first time all season. Between the Checkatrade matches and the FA Cup (with a QPR replay), you have to wonder if the extra matches are taking a toll.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
It seems like no matter who the manager is there is a late season collapse by Derby, while this time they have plenty of time to recover they lost to Millwall at home today and have fallen out of the top 6 and the teams ahead of them have a game in hand too

Jul 26, 2007
Vermont
It seems like no matter who the manager is there is a late season collapse by Derby, while this time they have plenty of time to recover they lost to Millwall at home today and have fallen out of the top 6 and the teams ahead of them have a game in hand too
Big big win for us too, now a 5 point cushion to the bottom 3.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Damaging loss for WBA yesterday to Leeds, they are now 7 points back of the automatic promotion spots with 11 matches to play, Norwich remain on top with Leeds and Sheffield United looking the likeliest to be their main competition. 6th spot is up for grabs too now with Derby's poor form (hammered at Villa today). Bristol are currently 6th but the six clubs below them are within 6 points. Ipswich and Bolton doomed, final spot is down to Rotherham/Reading/Millwall/Wigan

davemess

Apr 9, 2003
Scotland
Oh wow this is so bad :(

Aston Villa midfielder Jack Grealish was attacked by a spectator who ran on to the pitch in the Championship match at rivals Birmingham City on Sunday.

It happened in the 10th minute when a man wearing a cap came on to the pitch from the home section before swinging his arm towards Grealish's face.
Jack Grealish attacked by spectator in Birmingham v Aston Villa game

It looked like Grealish took a punch to the side of his face when the fan attacked him from behind.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Luckily it caught mostly shoulder/neck area rather than the head and it didn’t connect well. What I found weird was they actually showed a replay of the incident, American TV tries to avoid giving attention to this stuff

Reactions: East Coast Bias

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Absolutely bonkers.

That's probably some serious jail time. I hope he enjoyed it because the trade off might be brutal. What a peaky blinder-wannabe knob.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stray Wasp
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad