The English Lower League thread (Part 2)

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
I think a playoff spot is possible, despite the poor run of form for Pompey the last several weeks.

New manager bounce is common, but this seems different. The club has a breath of fresh air, the players seem more engaged and energized.

The fixtures are very favorable too...I think only one remaining game against the top half of the table.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
A draw is about what I expected. Sunderland is where they are because they so rarely actually lose games and find a way to get some kind of points out of the matches they go in to. Kong vs Godzilla II is gonna come shortly when they play Hull in a couple of weeks. I rather expect the same result we saw today. But the pressure is squarely on Hull to win that game because if they outright lost they can probably kiss 1st place goodbye due to the fact Sunderland still has a few games in hand and all the points from those draws in their back pocket.

FWIW I don't really see anyone stopping Peterborough for a top 2 finish either unless Doncaster want to play spoilers trying to get back into the playoff race. That said I just don't see room for both Hull and Sunderland considering they have a head to head soon.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Was glad to see both drop 2 points today.

I ultimately think Pompey will be in the Playoff... But it does look like they're gonna put the pressure on the teams ahead of them the rest of the season...so Top 2 is not out of the question.

Games against teams currently 18th, 14th, 13th 20th, 21st, 11th x2, and 22nd left.

24 points up for grabs. I think it's entirely reasonable to expect 18 at worst from that run.

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
Burton is in pretty good form and Crewe is Crewe, you never know what you will get from them but it will be pretty football. After that, yea, rest are definitely winnable, Accrington is running on fumes at this point, Wimbledon 1.0 and 2.0 are not good teams, Swindon depends on Twine scoring wonder goals, and Bristol Rovers are just awful.

That being said, in this season, who knows what will actually happen.

Reactions: GabeTravels

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
29-year old Instagram guy from Spain with Indonesian backing who claims to be a World Champion Boxer......that's the best option?

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Not much drama in the Championship, Norwich is one win away from promotion, Watford in good shape to go up, playoffs for the most part appear to be set especially if Bournemouth win their game in hand. Only Rotherham might keep things interesting at the bottom as they have four games in hand

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
Rotherham and Wigan with big wins this afternoon. Rotherham finally turning games in hand into points; Coventry, Derby, and Huddersfield need to be worried.

Sunderland and Pompey blow chances.

Reactions: GabeTravels

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
It is amusing to listen to Kieran Maguire talk about Derby fans on his Price of Football podcast; they do seem reasonable and well behaved.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Norwich promoted after Watford, Brentford and Swansea all dropped points today

Wycombe as good as down blowing a two goal lead today

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Gabe may have jinxed Pompey, they only have 1 point from the 9 since he posted.

You're telling me...awful play lately.

And stupid. Their only striker got a straight red a few games ago...and today one of their Centrebacks with another straight red, his second of the season.

Playoffs are looking perilous...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad