Salary Cap: The Endless Speculation Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
They've done that with him for years. Calgary fans crazily overrate Bennett because he was a 4th overall pick, while ignoring that he only ended up a gritty 3rd line winger in the NHL. If he actually gets traded, it's going to be for a fraction of what Flames fans think.

I'd definitely do Galchenyuk for Bennett, by the way. A Bennett-Malkin-Rust line looks great to me if Malkin continues to play well.
Flames fans and management are high on Bennett. He’s a fast and gritty player, something the Flames need more of not less. Galchenyuk for him ain’t happening, the Flames need is a top 6 right winger. That’s not Galchenyuk.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
What type of offer would it take to get Hanifin?
One that would make you cry and scream. He’s been the Flames best defender, is young and signed to a great contract. He’s really taken a step forward in development this season.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
Why can't it be? The Penguins have really good wing depth, to the point where they don't need McCann at wing. Why can't they just pencil him in as the 3C instead of continuing this journey to find the perfect 3C?

I feel like the problem is that McCann was bad at center for like 5 games last year and everyone decided he can't play center. It's why people are still saying that they'd rather have Lafferty or Blueger as the 3C over McCann, which was said a few days ago. McCann's just a good player in general, whether it's at center or on the wing.

Because nothing is in a vacuum. His play at C needs compared to W, how the rest of the team fits around him at either position also matters.

If he plays at such a high level it cant be ignored then sure, but its a small sample, eapecially when the rest of his opportunities at C throughout his career are underwhelming.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Because nothing is in a vacuum. His play at C needs compared to W, how the rest of the team fits around him at either position also matters.

If he plays at such a high level it cant be ignored then sure, but its a small sample, eapecially when the rest of his opportunities at C throughout his career are underwhelming.

By the "rest of his career", do you actually mean the "rest of his career" or do you mean the 4 games he played center for the Penguins last year?

Hell, if anything, the people insisting that McCann is only a winger and can't reliably play center are the ones focusing on a small sample size.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

McCann was a solid 3C literally less than 2 years ago on a Panthers team that missed the playoffs by a point?

Reactions: Louis Hensler

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
One that would make you cry and scream. He’s been the Flames best defender, is young and signed to a great contract. He’s really taken a step forward in development this season.
Sorry but they traded for Lucic, I would not bet they would add onto Bennett for Galchenyuk at this point. I'd still do a Bennett and Brodie trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad