The emergence of Jack Roslovic

urho

Sep 12, 2008
Oulu
Jack and Patrik: 17g 8+8=16

Pierre-Luc: 2g 0+0=0

I know who's winning this trade right now.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I'd reckon that Chevy already knew that he'd lose in terms of value but he was willing to do it since the common sentiment is that any contending team needs two tier centers. Thus if there was even more competition for PLD's services he would've been willing to throw in more assets to get the deal done.

What value are we talking about here? I'm confused about what it is supposed to mean when someone says "Laine is more valuable but centers are worth more".

I think we can conclude from this deal that Laine wasn't more valuable. The ten execs that Lebrun quoted seem to be holding that opinion, they're either saying it's a win-win or a it's a Jets win.

It looks to me like people here are twisting themselves into knots trying to maintain that Laine holds more value, but he clearly did not among the people who set the prices. So in what sense is he more valuable?

It's implied by the trade that Jarmo and Chevy valued PLD above Laine by at least the value of a 2nd round pick, if not late 1st. Roslovic was worth a bit more than that, there were many suitors for him, so Columbus had to chip in a 3rd to even it out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad