The emergence of Jack Roslovic

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Before this season, Jack Roslovic's career high in points was 29.

After being traded from Winnipeg Jets to Columbus Blue Jackets, Jack Roslovic's quickly become the #1 centerman for Blue Jackets and currently has 10 points in 10 games.

His play style's honestly been pretty ridiculous as he's constantly performing neat stickhandling / puckwork especially in the offensive zone. The earlier highlight reel goal we can probably remember, but his secondary assist from last night's game was also pretty sweet, as an example:

He seems to have freedom to do whatever he feels like in the offensive zone, and thus far it's been working quite well for him.

It's quite a story, as before this season he indeed had never even hit 30 points in a single season, and in the trade between CBJ and WPG he was essentially considered a throw-in, who wasn't even considered seriously to be a meaningful part of the trade. This also is his hometown team the fan of which he's been from an early age.

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
10 points in 10 games is cool, but he has carried the play in the games of theirs I have watched.

Saw CBJ fans joking that it will end up Laine for a 3rd in the PLD/Roslovic swap and they could be right as goofy as it sounds. Really well done by Jarmo, it seems.

ovythegiraffe

Nov 26, 2018
Always thought he was pretty slick with the puck, and could have decent potential as an offensive line center. Don't really know why he never got a look in Winnipeg, even when they had Scheif as their only legit center for quite some time last season.

EpiK Sandwich

Long time lurker, first time poster
Nov 21, 2020
Columbus, OH
Been watching the CBJs lately when I can - He stands out on the screen for sure. Just his skating, puck control, driving the play, etc. Looks more dominant than other players on the team out there. The fact he is from here is a cool story too - hope it keeps up for him!

Reactions: banks

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
When the Golden Knights had one of the best teams in the league with a bunch of cap dumps and castoffs, it really did seem like we realized there's a whole lot of talent out there that maybe just isn't in the right system or isn't getting opportunities to succeed, and GMs could really improve their teams by finding those guys for cheap and putting them in the right spots. It's funny that lesson seems to have been totally forgotten, it was actually fairly embarrassing for the rest of the league how good Vegas was. Roslovic's success this year so far is reminding me of that.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Really skilled. The way he looks so natural and confident making skill plays sure gives this the feeling of something more than a “hot streak”. I mean the point totals probably won’t sustain at a PPG pace but the eye test says Jack in his new role in Columbus is legit.

Didn’t seem like he’s ever have had a breakthrough in Winnipeg so you can’t blame them for moving him.

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
He sucks at faceoffs so if he cleans that up he could be trusted as an all situations guy. That said hes been Columbus' most notable skater in almost every game since hes been here

He always got props for being one of the fittest Jets in the room (Maurice made a quip years ago about players with sub-5% body fat needing to eat chicken wings, I think it was Rosie). He takes his performance seriously.

Reactions: hn777 and BHD

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
He always got props for being one of the fittest Jets in the room (Maurice made a quip years ago about players with sub-5% body fat needing to eat chicken wings, I think it was Rosie). He takes his performance seriously.
He was also the last man standing every year in training camp during endurance tests.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
Bitter sweet for Sabres fans to see Rosolvic doing so well.

He was a Sabres board favorite for drafting in 2015 before we traded the pick to Wpg as part of the infamous myers +1st for evander kane and bogo swap.

We lamented losing out on him to wpg and he was a constant target of ours in hypothetical trades to get some much needed center depth in the line up, especially when it appeared he was an odd man out in the peg.

He was probably the #1 "should have been our prospect, and we should have traded for him cheep" payers on our boards for the past 6 years.

It would be so typical of the last decade of The Sabres if he turns into a star player.

Hitemwith4

Jul 1, 2019
The real prize of the deal :sarcasm:

Honestly good for CBJ and their fans, they keep losing good players for nothing, here's hoping for CBJ fans he keeps it up

thegr8one66

Mar 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Imagine if he ended up being the best player in that deal?

I liked him in Winnipeg too, I don't really get why they were in such a rush to move him.

Winnipeg has a coach that doesn’t know how to utilize young skilled players. They he’s surprised when they want to leave. I can’t stand Paul Maurice. He’s been like that everywhere he’s coached. And has never won anything.
I hope Laine and Roslovic light it up as a big FU to Maurice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad