Speculation: The emergence of Chabot.

If EK was still here, would Chabot have had this opportunity?

• Total voters

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
We should probably package him for a 3rd liner F and a 3rd pairing D asap, why wait for the inevitable?

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
We should probably package him for a 3rd liner F and a 3rd pairing D asap, why wait for the inevitable?

I don't know, I think if Chabot can keep up this play for a season he may be able to return 6 assets! At this point, best case, we probably only get 3 or 4 assets.

But to answer the original question, he'd be playing just as well as he's clearly a great talent but I don't know that he'd be outscoring Karlsson (aka he would have less points, not that Karlsson would have more than Chabot has now). No question Karlsson would dominate the puck and take some of the chances Chabot gets now.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
EK 25 min a night
Chabot 25 min a night

Would habe been ridiculous

Agree.

He might have had less of a shot on the PP at first but they couldn’t have kept him off it for long. He’s too talented.

As for even strength and PK he’d have the same opportunity. We have nobody else.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
We would have seen some of what we've seen but not to the same extent... Karlsson was the guy he demands the icetime and takes the spotlight. Chabot would not hae had the opportunity to QB the pp the same way.., I think there could be some changes in deployment with Chabot's game showing growth but it would not be close to what it is now

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Signing Karlsson means we'd be guaranteed to lose one of Stone or Duchene. We don't have anyone ready to step in at 1C or 1RW like Chabot has/will be able to step into 1D.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
It is a really interesting question. I'd also think there would obviously be changes in deployment. But its still a little hard to tell how much exactly that would have affected his emergence or ability take advantage of opportunities. His emergence has also exceeded my expectations. This refrain of mine has been rather common this year, maybe why im still here being amazed by that goal of Duchenes

Reactions: 6stringmofo

6stringmofo

Mar 12, 2015
Ottawa
It is a really interesting question. I'd also think there would obviously be changes in deployment. But its still a little hard to tell how much exactly that would have affected his emergence or ability take advantage of opportunities. His emergence has also exceeded my expectations. This refrain of mine has been rather common this year, maybe why im still here being amazed by that goal of Duchenes

It is optimistic isn't it considering all of the other shit.

Reactions: thinkwild

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
We'd probably have one of the best d corps in the league with Karlsson + Chabot. That's two superstar two way dmen who can play 30 mins each.

Instead we have the worst.

Reactions: DrEasy

DanyHeatley

Dec 6, 2016
if chabot was still here, guy boucher cooking bbq at your backyard, boro walks in wearing a tank and slaps your girls ass and erik tosses you a joint wyd after taking this hit?

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
We would have seen some of what we've seen but not to the same extent... Karlsson was the guy he demands the icetime and takes the spotlight. Chabot would not hae had the opportunity to QB the pp the same way.., I think there could be some changes in deployment with Chabot's game showing growth but it would not be close to what it is now
I agree. you have to start with the PP and recognize that EK QB'd it for almost the full 2 minutes. so that opportunity wouldn't be there.

I think the rest of the game would look similar but the production wouldn't be there

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
There is absolutely no reason that both EK and Chabot couldn't be on the #1 PP unit.

NONE

As a LD and a RD you could choose to play them together at even strength and have an elite 1st pairing or play them on separate pairs and have two units capable of zone exits.

Chabot might have a few less points, the same or a few more. One thing for sure, the Sens would have more points and wouldn't be the worst defensive team in the NHL.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->