Speculation: The Elephant In The Room is Andreas Johnsson

What do you think the issue is with Johnsson?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
I don't mean to rationalize the stupidity of this thread, but I did hear he went through a brutal break-up during the summer.

Not sure he's even been bad though lol,.. He's definitely not been bad enough to make it thread worthy.

Reactions: stickty111

Magic16Mitch

Oct 15, 2017
As some other poster said, you should really limit your writing. It's been one f***ing game. He is definitely an NHL player and will very likely be fine. At least wait with these threads until you got some kind of sample size.

Reactions: my name is Bob

93WrapAround

Jul 4, 2018
No. I have to keep the Ultimate Cheerleaders honest around here.

Seriously though Hainsey is worth mentioning, so why can't I start a discussion about Johnsson?

Apples to Oranges. Hainsey is a 37 y/o with a LOT of tape to evaluate, who was already in decline last year. AJ is about the opposite of all that...

ITM

As Long As It Takes
Jan 26, 2012
Denial is why I titled the thread "elephant in the room".

Put your pom-poms away and vote!

Where’s the “Andersen let in two goals, is he done!?!?!?” thread? Or the “In a 3-2 game, Mitch Marner FAILED to score a hat-trick AGAIN! Is he done!?!?!?” thread? Better yet, “Sure, Dubas won the Tavares lottery, but how is he still the GM of the Leafs having failed to acquire John Klingberg and Victor Hedman in light of our need on defense!?!?!”

But to that end, what we really need to bring up is this management group’s complete blunder in failing to identify Buffalo’s repeated signals that would have seen Leo Komarov, Matt Martin and Niklas Kronvall in the little known three-way that would have landed us: The 2018 Sabres 1OA, the Wings 6OA of the same Draft, AAAANND...Dylan Larkin and Casey Middlestadt. Rumor has it as well that if Toronto was able to acquire the Wings 6OA, Carolina was offering the 2OA for the 6OA plus McElhinney.

What might have been.

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
No. I have to keep the Ultimate Cheerleaders honest around here.

Seriously though Hainsey is worth mentioning, so why can't I start a discussion about Johnsson?

Eventually contrarians realize they're just as annoying as the "cheerleaders."

You can make whatever thread you want, which is evidenced by some of the ones you have posted. But you're probably smart enough to figure out the question in the OP yourself.

It's a bit naive to expect someone with less than 20 games experience to find immediate success after going from a first line role to a fourth line role. The thread would be more positivley recieved if it was at the 15-20 game mark.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Sample size?

I am part of a new Elite Class Membership here called The Ultimate Eye Test Society.

You start with observing Johnsson at the AHL level (actually attending a Marlies game), then with the Leafs (including playoffs), and finally you compare that with his preseason + his reg. season game. You process the disparity in your brain, and then finally you express that to the other fans (for the purpose of discussion). Johnsson doesn't have to have a lengthy NHL career in order to point out the disparity between last season and this poor start.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
"Thinking" seems like a generous word to employ when making inferences after a pre-season and a single regular game.

If I were to suggest that Auston Matthews looks like a beast after his 4 goal first game performance...would you be that same asshole to tell me;

"dude...small sample size"..?

I'll save ya the time to go back and check your posts on that fateful game thread.

The answer is no. You were likely riding that train of joy making bold predictions of hoow great Auston looked and how he will be crushing it for the rest of his career!

Get your hypocritical ass outta here.

TOG26

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Was flat footed and seemed to be trying to do too much last night instead of just making the smart play. Babs will get him straightened out. Wouldn't be surprised to see him in the press box a few nights to watch the action and work on positioning. Not unexpected from a guy going from top team scorer to 4-th line grinder.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
His flat performance last night is serious.

This kind of serious elephant?
upload_2018-10-4_13-0-39.jpeg

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I'd like to nominate heybuddyhowyadoing for worst thread starter of 2018. It's prestigious honor, but has to go to someone.

It reminds me of Bob Gainey - hey this guy is so good defensively, we should create a new award for him and Presto, the Selke is born.

Reactions: Schenn

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Its one game. Give it five. Although I do agree he should be playing higher in the lineup. This is what the lineup should look like:

Marleau Matthews Kapanen
Johnsson Tavares Marner
Hyman Kadri Brown
Leivo Lindholm Ennis

once Willy comes back:

Marleau Matthews Nylander
Johnsson Tavares Marner
Hyman Kadri Kapanen
Leivo Lindholm Brown
Ennis

Frelimo

Jul 6, 2012
Toronto
This is such a ridiculous over reaction, did AJ run over your dog or something heybuddyhowyadoing ? He's a fourth liner winger who played less than 10 minutes, and is a flippin rookie! The Leafs don't need him to lead right now, lets just see how he does and how he improves over the first half of the year (or first 15 games at least) before we start freaking out. His ceiling is probably that of a middle-six versatile winger, let's not get too worried if he doesn't look like all-star this season.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
If I were to suggest that Auston Matthews looks like a beast after his 4 goal first game performance...would you be that same ******* to tell me;

"dude...small sample size"..?

I'll save ya the time to go back and check your posts on that fateful game thread.

The answer is no. You were likely riding that train of joy making bold predictions of hoow great Auston looked and how he will be crushing it for the rest of his career!

Get your hypocritical ass outta here.

Four goal game from first overall pick vs.....whatever it is you're complaining about at the moment (Johnsson, Sparks, powerplay's featuring new personnel, etc.)....I believe most reasonable individuals would be able to identify these are significantly different things.

But of course that requires reason to be present as a prerequisite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad