Pre-Game Talk: The Eichel-unicycle vs McDavid-ice cream flaved

Status
Not open for further replies.

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Gagsy must have something on Tippet, should at best eating popcorn!

Really hope they go with Koski again, Buff has poor goaltending and the game is very winable!

Vader611

Nov 8, 2019
Gagsy must have something on Tippet, should at best eating popcorn!

Really hope they go with Koski again, Buff has poor goaltending and the game is very winable!

No it's Chiasson that has something on Tippet and should be eating popcorn. Gagner has been more useful than Chiasson by a mile imo

Reactions: ujju2

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Chaisson can't even get in an open spot and one time the puck like he did before. Game one against Vancouver he gets a prime one time pass clean and just whiffs lol. Downhill since.

He is good at the Neal spot. Just stand there and tap that **** in boy

Vader611

Nov 8, 2019
Chaisson can't even get in an open spot and one time the puck like he did before. Game one against Vancouver he gets a prime one time pass clean and just whiffs lol. Downhill since.

He is good at the Neal spot. Just stand there and tap that **** in boy

Only thing he's doing well is screening goalies, but the hands are just noth there and the shot/being in the right spot is missing from last year

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Need to string a couple of wins together here. Kassian is supposed to be back and hopefully Nuge as well. These 2 injuries in particular have taken a toll on our play, effort and W/L ratio of late. Hopefully getting healthy bodies back corrects that.

Maybe Kassian. Not sure on NUge. Anything new on the news front?

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Buffalo will be playing their 3rd game in 4 days and the second half of a back to back (just like Ottawa) so everything is pointing to an Oilers loss
220px-Chickenlittlemcgiposter.jpg

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Not sure how I feel about this. Who's the Neal placeholder? Neither Khaira or Gagner should come out of the lineup IMO. I'd take Nygard out a bit and see if we can get some cohesion and run:

29 - 97 - 44
89 - 93 - 18
16 - 91 - 39
60 - 23 - 15

Thought PRussell was a decent plug in and he was getting chances practically every game. The Granlund/Haas/PRussell line was looking pretty good for essentially a castaway line. I understand the desire to put together a checking/suppression unit with Granlund and Sheahan together though. Hopefully once they get healthier we can find some cohesive bottom-6 pairings.
If Nuge is back someone has to be assigned to Bakersfield to make room on the roster. Nygard and Haas are both waiver exempt, and I believe Gagner cleared waivers recently enough that he could be reassigned again without them. Nygard would make the most sense, and maybe they just slot Neal in with Haas and Chaisson since Khaira/Gagner have been working together quite well.

Definitely agree about PRussell, imo he should be in the lineup over Archibald. PRussell has generated a lot more opportunities, he’s just had the worst luck with capitalizing.

Reactions: tardigrade81

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
If Nuge is back someone has to be assigned to Bakersfield to make room on the roster. Nygard and Haas are both waiver exempt, and I believe Gagner cleared waivers recently enough that he could be reassigned again without them. Nygard would make the most sense, and maybe they just slot Neal in with Haas and Chaisson since Khaira/Gagner have been working together quite well.

Definitely agree about PRussell, imo he should be in the lineup over Archibald. PRussell has generated a lot more opportunities, he’s just had the worst luck with capitalizing.
Well said. I like Russell. He’s over do for a goal or 20.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
We have been getting dominated every game lately and barely scraping by. It's a miracle we won that game and it was against one of the worst teams in the league. Sigh.

Buffalo will be playing their 3rd game in 4 days and the second half of a back to back (just like Ottawa) so everything is pointing to an Oilers loss

Yeah.

This team to my eye does not belong atop the Pacific. They are still reaping the benefits of an easy schedule. I dread how far this team will fall in the new year.

They need some killer instinct. Come out with the intent to embarrass their opponent and play a full 60 minutes at top speed.

They need to string another win streak together. I don't believe this team will manage to avoid an extended losing streak. Even Boston has already lost 4 in a row once.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
We basically are a. 500 team with a hot start due to an easy schedule and loose early season defence for McDrai to dissect. Realistically we should be down with SanJose and Chicago in the standings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad