Pre-Game Talk: The Eichel-unicycle vs McDavid-ice cream flaved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arctic Fox

Nov 17, 2007
Not sure how I feel about this. Who's the Neal placeholder? Neither Khaira or Gagner should come out of the lineup IMO. I'd take Nygard out a bit and see if we can get some cohesion and run:

29 - 97 - 44
89 - 93 - 18
16 - 91 - 39
60 - 23 - 15

Thought PRussell was a decent plug in and he was getting chances practically every game. The Granlund/Haas/PRussell line was looking pretty good for essentially a castaway line. I understand the desire to put together a checking/suppression unit with Granlund and Sheahan together though. Hopefully once they get healthier we can find some cohesive bottom-6 pairings.

Hopefully the zombie is back. IIRC Neal plays LW, so Khaira will likely be moved down:
Draisaitl-McDavid-Kassian
Neal-RNH-Gagner
Khaira-Haas-Chiasson
Nygard-Sheahan-Archibald

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
My favorite flavor is FRIG WOO

Edit: I was tripping balls when I wrote the title. Just go with it. I feel like butter melting on a big stack of flapjacks right now.

Proceed...

il_570xN.786041286_foin.jpg

pancakes-feature.jpg

Pregame tunes:

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Need to string a couple of wins together here. Kassian is supposed to be back and hopefully Nuge as well. These 2 injuries in particular have taken a toll on our play, effort and W/L ratio of late. Hopefully getting healthy bodies back corrects that.
Who could imagine Nuge and Kassian being the most iportant integrals of a team with McDavid, and Draisaitl?

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015
Who could imagine Nuge and Kassian being the most iportant integrals of a team other than McDavid, and Draisaitl?
Fixed that for you. Believe it or not, Koskinen is the 3rd best player on the team. If one of those 3 goes down there will be chaos.

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
Is it like the 20th time to try the Nygård Haas Chiasson line to click? Tippet really seems to have a need for that group to play together.

Gagner is either a top 6 player or out. What a odd kind of a player.
never forget Gags is a hockey legend buds
  • 8 point night
  • "The Gagner" Shootout Move

Reactions: fresh meat

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
  • 8 point night

And so close to 1000 NHL games
That also rounds out the oddity of Sam Gagner.
The other year, 8 point, or top two in the leauge in points per /60 min.
The other year down to AHL.

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
  • 8 point night

Everytime i see that clip, i always wonder what the hell Gord Miller was thinking when the first words out of his mouth on Gagner's 8th point of the night are..."Oh no".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad