Pre-Game Talk: The Eichel-unicycle vs McDavid-ice cream flaved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
My favorite flavor is FRIG WOO

Edit: I was tripping balls when I wrote the title. Just go with it. I feel like butter melting on a big stack of flapjacks right now.

Proceed...

giphy.gif

Rusoilers

Дмитрий Самуроков 38
Oct 9, 2019
Siberia
Imagine being a pro hockey player and having to play in buffalo for a crap team with no cups ever.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
McDavid is going to have a monster game Sunday. 3-4 McPoints. Neal is overdue for a couple. Smith probably starts and needs a solid game. Buffalo with a 3rd in 4. I smell a blowout coming. 7-2 Oilers.

I hope so. Chicken Little has definitely landed in Oilernation once again. His aunt Debbie Downner dropped him off. Wait till he brings his other depressed friends E-Ore and Snuffy. Big Bird is getting Snuffy outta rehab this week. He went on a big snorting binge after Ottawa loss and is really messed up I heard
Debbie-Downer.jpg
220px-Chickenlittlemcgiposter.jpg
Eeyore.gif
Bird_snuffy_5.jpg

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Since when does it matter how many games in how many nights the other team played when they play the Oilers? I've seen far too many games of 3 in 4's or back to backs when our team is as fresh as a daisy and we still get outworked and beaten. Eichel will be up for this game and our team needs to be as well. Not expecting an easy win by any means but would love to be surprised. Add in the return of Ralph and he likely has an axe to grind after his Skype date with MacT ended poorly.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Since when does it matter how many games in how many nights the other team played when they play the Oilers? I've seen far too many games of 3 in 4's or back to backs when our team is as fresh as a daisy and we still get outworked and beaten. Eichel will be up for this game and our team needs to be as well. Not expecting an easy win by any means but would love to be surprised. Add in the return of Ralph and he likely has an axe to grind after his Skype date with MacT ended poorly.

Ralph don’t skate. :)

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Need to string a couple of wins together here. Kassian is supposed to be back and hopefully Nuge as well. These 2 injuries in particular have taken a toll on our play, effort and W/L ratio of late. Hopefully getting healthy bodies back corrects that.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
My favorite flavor is FRIG WOO

Edit: I was tripping balls when I wrote the title. Just go with it. I feel like butter melting on a big stack of flapjacks right now.

Proceed...

Tripping balls?
Unicicle?
Hope you werent tripping over Eichel's balls.
“Do you lie awake at night fearing my gash?” – Lord Varys

Reactions: Rodd from Leduc

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Usually these games against Buffalo are pretty wide open. It will be interesting to see how we play them with Tip's system.

Another game that we should win if we want to stay near the top of the Pacific. Have to start picking up points against these sort of teams.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
The Oilers seem to be stuck in a win one lose one cycle with the odd two wins or losses in a row strewn in. If they win tomorrow it's almost a guarantee they'll lose against the Canes Tuesday.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Not sure how I feel about this. Who's the Neal placeholder? Neither Khaira or Gagner should come out of the lineup IMO. I'd take Nygard out a bit and see if we can get some cohesion and run:

29 - 97 - 44
89 - 93 - 18
16 - 91 - 39
60 - 23 - 15

Thought PRussell was a decent plug in and he was getting chances practically every game. The Granlund/Haas/PRussell line was looking pretty good for essentially a castaway line. I understand the desire to put together a checking/suppression unit with Granlund and Sheahan together though. Hopefully once they get healthier we can find some cohesive bottom-6 pairings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad