The EGG Line

NHLFutureGuy3

Aug 22, 2008
I actually quite enjoyed reading that. At first I enjoyed the egg puns. Then midway through I felt you were overdoing it. By the end you had put such a rediculous amount of egg puns that I couldn't help but find it amusing. That's owning your delivery. Well done!

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Nice read, I'd love for Gallagher to be half the player Saint-Louis is!

Galchenyuk being considered the yoke of the line was a good one haha.

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
Both Eller and Gallagher have said they hate the nickname.

Galchenyuk was too busy signing documents with Guinness World Records due to having the softest hands in history.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Operative words "It's only been two games ..."

I hope Therrien keeps them together but we all know how that goes. As for the Egg, Schmeg thing, if the line's own protagonists are adverse, don't see the point of pursuing it further.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
Groan. I never underestimate peoples need for nicknames. Patches, Pleky, Chuckie. These aren't your friends. EGG line, an equally 3rd grade creation.

Eller seems like a serious dude, he's said he doesn't like the EGG nickname or his personal nickname "Larry".

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
EGG line, an equally 3rd grade creation.

The Women's Egg Harvesting and Fertility Movement thank everyone for their support.

Last edited:

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005

Galchenyuk was too busy signing documents with Guinness World Records due to having the softest hands in history.

Well, at least EGG sounds better than GEG.

JoelWarlord

Ex-Noob616
May 7, 2012
Halifax
Groan. I never underestimate peoples need for nicknames. Patches, Pleky, Chuckie. These aren't your friends. EGG line, an equally 3rd grade creation.

Eller seems like a serious dude, he's said he doesn't like the EGG nickname or his personal nickname "Larry".

You're just a ray of sunshine on these boards aren't you!

PricePkPatch*

You think they will only turn out to be a flash in the pan?

As long as they don't flip on us, we'll probably be okay. We always need to see the sunny side, or our cynism will just harden us. But then again, you can't make omelettes...

Johnny Drama, you really scrambled to make a nice article there. But you think you could add something a bit meatier, on the side? No anything rash, tho.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

When i arrive at a party I always shout ''Party's here!''

When you do I bet you say ''Party's over'' Right ?

Beaker

In My Lab Goggles
Jun 4, 2007
In The Lab.
The article needs a little proofreading and some sentences should be restructured to get your message across efficiently...
"Eller, at 24 the eldest member of the group" "Eller, the eldest member of the group at the young age of 24..."
"Two games does not a season make" (does not make a season)-

Anyways, fun article, I'm also fairly certain the word is "yolk" but I imagine yoke is an acceptable variant?

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
The article needs a little proofreading and some sentences should be restructured to get your message across efficiently...
"Eller, at 24 the eldest member of the group" "Eller, the eldest member of the group at the young age of 24..."
"Two games does not a season make" (does not make a season)-

Anyways, fun article, I'm also fairly certain the word is "yolk" but I imagine yoke is an acceptable variant?

"two games does not a season make" is fine.

The first one, sure.

Actually on second glance the first one might be fine.

HTTP 400

Sep 1, 2007

Seriously... this nickname is so annoying. You want a nickname to actually mean something other than just the first letters. An egg is fragile and weak... it has to be the worst nickname ever.

It almost makes me want to see this line split up! :laugh:

Beaker

In My Lab Goggles
Jun 4, 2007
In The Lab.

The first one, sure.

I guess we all have different writing styles. Both are a no-no for me. I don't see the need to come off as Aristotle when writing "two games does not a season make," when the rest of the article isn't written in that fashion. Looks more like a grade 11 creative writing assignment than a professional article.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
I guess we all have different writing styles. Both are a no-no for me. I don't see the need to come off as Aristotle when writing "two games does not a season make," when the rest of the article isn't written in that fashion. Looks more like a grade 11 creative writing assignment than a professional article.

Professional article? You read a hockey article based around egg puns and this is what you feel takes away from its professionalism? Alrighty, professor. :laugh:

Beaker

In My Lab Goggles
Jun 4, 2007
In The Lab.
Professional article? You read a hockey article based around egg puns and this is what you feel takes away from its professionalism? Alrighty, professor. :laugh:

Thank you. Yes, precisely, do not have subject-object-verb sentences when you're throwing egg puns left and right in the same paragraph. It does not compute

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

The first one, sure.

Lol i wont lie i didnt see anything wrong with what the article had said either lol, they are structurely fine even if it does kind of sound like yoda

Moen is Gone

@MoeninGlory
Feb 13, 2007
Grenoble
twitter.com
I have another name for this line, but I'm keeping it for the GDT.

So chill out
8870291.jpg

Quagmier

Feb 6, 2003
pics.rapecity.net

That sentence structure is commonly used though, to the point where it has become cliche, and that's what i interpreted it as in this article.

Either way, the amount of egg related puns here won me over easy. Though i wonder if the author poached the article from another source?

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
I have another name for this line, but I'm keeping it for the GDT.

So chill out

I like it better than egg ( I wont spoil it by saying it here because people should go look at your GDT). My only quip is that I dont like the periods in it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad