Post-Game Talk: The Edmonton McDavids win 6-2 , bad start to the road trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Wow, Schlemko still sucks as much as Alzner. Who would have thought Bergevin could find 2 of the worse blueliners in the NHL and sign them to fat contracts?

We don't need either of them anyways. Play the young guys. At least they have potential for growth and to learn from their mistakes.

Reilly Petry
Mete Weber (Benn until he's healthy)
Ouellet Juulsen

At least the youngins are fast and play fast.
It's on Julien for giving so much ice time to Schlemko, Alzner, and Benn.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Andrei is gonna be 40 next month. Im also hitting 40 soon. Sucks getting old.

Man, feels just like yesterday wgen I was 20 and watching Andrei make his first steps into the league.
Just gotta tell you, I hated turning 40:laugh: a tough year for me. The good news is that once you survive that "year" it's all downhill sledding from there lol. I don't know why the General is not still here, hell i'd even take Subban and Sergachev back, it can't just be me? You think your old? I remember Chelios first steps into the league.:laugh:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
We sucked last night at all positions

-Not enough offense - (we need Byron, Armia, and hopefully Scherbak to inject more speed and talent).
-The d gave up too many scoring chances - (we need to get Schlemko, Benn, and Alzner out of the lineup, and Weber back in - and coach the youngins to maturity on the job)
-Goaltender made some great saves, but then gave up 2 or 3 real softies.

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
I did not watch the game. I went to bed early. Glad I did.

I watched the highlights.. All I can say is that... Yes price isn't playing well, neither did Nam nams... but HOLY FUDGE you wanna talk about TOP GRADE AAA MEAt.... SCORING CHANCES!?!?! Look at those mother frigging habs ,

talk about allowing high danger changes:oops:

I am trying not to defend our 10.5 million dollar goalie, because he is sucking and needs to play better for the price. But holy hell, no goalie in the league could survive against the shelling of high quaility chances we give up.
Please take it with a grain of salt as I only say highlights

goal 1) Unlucky but a stinker
goal 2) 2 on 1 with bumko against Mcjeeeze
goal 3) eh, not to good , nams could have had that one
goal 4) Hard to see, Screened I think
goal 5) Eh, nams softy I guess
goal 6) again, garbage defending.

P.S that domi goal was nice , Nams made some awesome saves too!

Summary 1 goal to Puckluck :naughty: 2 -soft goals 2 goals directly due to poor defending by both forwards and D man and 1 goal because its a goal lol.

Yeah, our team sucks. Price or Nams, we blow. :thumbd:

GO tank GO!:thumbu:

Reactions: strongcomp05

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
Yikes

Some nights I'm like **** it, let's go for the playoffs...other nights I'm like **** it, lets go for the lottery. This team is a roller coaster.

Embrace the tank.

Saddly we aren't crappy enough with Domi anymore to be a bottom dweller... Mediocrity here we come !!!!

Reactions: Runner77

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
We sucked last night at all positions

-Not enough offense - (we need Byron, Armia, and hopefully Scherbak to inject more speed and talent).
-The d gave up too many scoring chances - (we need to get Schlemko, Benn, and Alzner out of the lineup, and Weber back in - and coach the youngins to maturity on the job)
-Goaltender made some great saves, but then gave up 2 or 3 real softies.
Armia is out for 2 months and Scherbak is from Russia, look somewhere else.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I know it's not impossible but like, idk to me what you're saying is like saying "it is possible to hit the top corner every shot just look at Ovechkin"

like yeah it is but being able to do it well is incredibly hard and that's why he's elite and others aren't and that's why Bergeron is incredible and others aren't
and thats why Danault has 1 goal all year. None in his last 11 and only 5 assists (two by way of empty net)

He is much less than "not incredible"

In fairness to him he is not a top six player.

Canadiens top 6 has been loaded with bottom 6 players since MB took over.

Reactions: swimmer77 and Bask

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Yikes

Some nights I'm like **** it, let's go for the playoffs...other nights I'm like **** it, lets go for the lottery. This team is a roller coaster.
Every team is a roller coaster this year. U guys have a good team. Very fast.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Hard to believe but there are 2 teams even worst than the Habs on the PP this season. The Habs are now @ 13% on the PP. The Preds are last @ 12.1% on the PP and the Hawks are second last @ 12.5%. I was quite surprised to see that the Preds were dead last on the PP.

I just seen the Preds play in Edmonton and they looked real good. Its funny, we play them next week in Nashville and win. Weird NHL this year

mbz

Jun 10, 2008
Moncton, NB
Albert Einstein is widely credited with saying, “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.”

Maybe our coaches are insane? That 1st PP unit needs a change.

Also switch Danault with KK please

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I just seen the Preds play in Edmonton and they looked real good. Its funny, we play them next week in Nashville and win. Weird NHL this year
I salute you sir, we have been through a shit tonne as habs fans but you sir are a top knotch fan to stand by the Oilers. I hope that Jesus can carry you guys to the cross, he is special to watch but he needs some help.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I salute you sir, we have been through a **** tonne as habs fans but you sir are a top knotch fan to stand by the Oilers. I hope that Jesus can carry you guys to the cross, he is special to watch but he needs some help.

I am almost 50 so I have seen a few cups in my time. I miss the 80's hockey. Hockey has nothing on these:

Nordiques-Habs
Oilers-Flames
Oilers-Jets

We have been crippled by very poor decisions at the top. I stand by the Oilers because I have too much money invested. Hopefully good times coming

Reactions: Runner77

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Albert Einstein is widely credited with saying, “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.”

Maybe our coaches are insane? That 1st PP unit needs a change.

Also switch Danault with KK please
Can't believe they will not let Koko start the PP, he has great hands.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Its true that shlemko and alzner are bad

I thought shlemko had decent advanced stats in the past?

Man, yesterday it was the first time I basically watched him closely. He is bad. I wouldnt be surprised if he is actually a forward.

philipsson

Jan 12, 2014
With the numbers of media presence and daily questions, I think Price is a distraction for the players. Players admit they go a lot on internet and hockey news. They don't live in monastery, they all have cell phones with wifi.

So whether he plays or not, if we lose it's Price's fault ? He might be a distraction but we can't start pointing the finger at him for every single thing going wrong.

Reactions: Deebs

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Curious, who were the stars last night?
Drai Russell and Nurse I think...
Draisaitl missed so many opportunities he should never have been a star. :laugh: Russell scored his first goal in a bezillion games and Nurse was effective. As per your team I would be furious as a fan to have so much talent not performing more consistently. There really is no excuse.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->