The EDLER deal ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

77bestever*

Does anyone know what this deal supposedly was or if it was real as the deadline approached last season? With BENNING now at the helm in Vancouver is this a deal that could still be possible ?

This is the exact kind of guy I would want to pair with Dougie on our first DMAN combo

EDLER-DOUGIE
CHARA-BOYCHUCK
SEIDS-MILLER-KRUG
BARTKOWSKI-McQUAID..........

Wonder if Benning would take SEIDS? or say KELLY and KRUG ? I heard he liked KO KO a lot also.

Is there a deal here anywhere does anyone think. Has Benning indicated one way or another if EDLER could still be had ?

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Is there another EDLER on Vancouver that I'm unaware of?

77bestever*

I thought you wanted an elite #1 defenseman?

I think Dougie can be that a number 1 type and maybe as soon as this year if he can come to camp a little stronger...And Edler is a strong number two or could be an emerging one with the right partner......At 28 he is a puck moving physical guy who is a WAY WAY better skater then Chara...And with Dougie they could rival a Seabrook-Keith///Doughty-Muzzin,
Pietrangelo-Boumeester type duo....

People need to forget Chara going forward as the key DMAN on this team. He needs to be a guy who fronts the net on the PP and plays 20-22 minutes going forward.

77bestever*

Kelly and Krug? Keep these proposals coming. Very entertaining.

Benning knows our guys....KRUG, KELLY, KO, KO.....I am just throwing out some combo's....For EDLER I would do Marchand plus as well....

Edler is the kind of guy we need to win the cup instead of losing to Chicago in the cup or Montreal before we get there. I have faith that Chiarelli knows this even if you guys don't get it.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Does anyone know what this deal supposedly was or if it was real as the deadline approached last season? With BENNING now at the helm in Vancouver is this a deal that could still be possible ?

This is the exact kind of guy I would want to pair with Dougie on our first DMAN combo

EDLER-DOUGIE
CHARA-BOYCHUCK
SEIDS-MILLER-KRUG

Wonder if Benning would take SEIDS? or say KELLY and KRUG ? I heard he liked KO KO a lot also.

Is there a deal here anywhere does anyone think. Has Benning indicated one way or another if EDLER could still be had ?
:amazed:

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I think Dougie can be that a number 1 type and maybe as soon as this year if he can come to camp a little stronger...And Edler is a strong number two or could be an emerging one with the right partner......At 28 he is a puck moving physical guy who is a WAY WAY better skater then Chara...And with Dougie they could rival a Seabrook-Keith///Doughty-Muzzin,
Pietrangelo-Boumeester type duo....

People need to forget Chara going forward as the key DMAN on this team. He needs to be a guy who fronts the net on the PP and plays 20-22 minutes going forward.

lol yeah let's just forget about that guy who just finished 2nd in Norris voting.

I'll say it again...you need to stop posting. Your opinions are horribly uninformed. Lurk and learn instead of flooding every thread with nonsense.

David Krejci*

The only reason they were interested in bringing in Edler was because Seidenberg was out. Seidenberg will be healthy next season, therefore no need for Edler anymore. All of our top 4 are better than Edler, and he makes more money than all of them except Chara, therefore, we will not be trading for him. Not a position of need, they need a scoring winger, not a defenseman.

Cliffs:

No.

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North

EDLER-DOUGIE
CHARA-BOYCHUCK
SEIDS-MILLER-KRUG

Pretty sure I heard that Trevor Linden loves Edler so doubt he's available anymore

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
We do not need defensemen or centers, what this team needs is wingers, preferably ones with speed who can score.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

EDLER-DOUGIE
CHARA-BOYCHUCK
SEIDS-MILLER-KRUG

Edler in a year where Seids was unable to play come playoffs I understood, Edler now with word Seids will be ready for 2014/15.....um....no thanks

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I loved the idea of buying low on an incredibly unlucky Edler. His teammates shot around 3% while he was on the ice leading to his horrible +/-. One of the first things Benning said when he went over there was that Edler wasn't going anywhere. So not going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad