Injury Report: The Eddy Punch Clock Memorial Infirmary Thread

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I'd say were pretty much boned if we're missing Hughes and Markstrom for significant time..As a lifelong Canuck fan, you just expect this kind of news...Par for the course really.

Reactions: cookiefest

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
He underwent a procedure and will be reevaluated in two weeks. But no change from the initial forecast of 3-4 weeks, I believe.

Alex had a really good radio segment discussing the procedure more generally, and his own experience with it. Nothing specific to Marky though. iirc basic outline is pain management/swelling reduction for the next little while, hope it heals well and no floaty bits left behind.

Eye surgery optional

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
Had an incredible run of good health for meaningful players. Bound to even out a bit.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Alex had a really good radio segment discussing the procedure more generally, and his own experience with it. Nothing specific to Marky though. iirc basic outline is pain management/swelling reduction for the next little while, hope it heals well and no floaty bits left behind.

Eye surgery optional

Wait was the procedure on his knee or his eye? I thought it was trimming out the meniscus tear (which sounds horrendous and like it is going to take away from the stability of that part)

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Wait was the procedure on his knee or his eye? I thought it was trimming out the meniscus tear (which sounds horrendous and like it is going to take away from the stability of that part)

Knee

trimming and removing any loose bits, which bits can move around and cause inflamation/pain if not removed. Alex indicated it is very minimally invasive

Alex indicated on the radio he got his own surgery done the day after he came back from world's, and did the eye surgery at around the same time because you are sitting around recovering anyway, might as well kill two birds with one stone

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
just got some insider information about the injury situation

IMG_1406.jpg

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
Human bodies are not robots...Timelines for injuries can take a turn for the worse,or for the better...Its better to take them with a grain of salt.

Not only that, but the 8 week announcement was before the trade deadline. By having Boeser out, it gave them a lot more cap space to make moves. They didn’t end up using it, but if they had, I would bet Boeser might have magically been back for playoffs Game 1 (knock on wood).

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Reactions: SillyRabbit

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Same. I would not be surprised if it were discovered later that he was rushed back. That's a huge difference in his timeline for return.

Came here to say the same thing.

This medical staff has a track record of mismanaging players injuries.

The team is desperate to make the playoffs right now and I am almost certain that Boeser is being rushed back and may end up re-aggravating his injury, transforming it from something that would've healed completely to something that becomes a nagging issue moving forward, even into next season and the future.

Reactions: vanuck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad