Player Discussion The Eating Crow Thread

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006
Barrie, KK when he was playing well in the first month, Lags, Ennis, and Smith

I didn't have high hopes for Jones, Turris, and Kassian.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Turris. I thought he’d be good in those soft minutes. I’d call him invisible, but that’s giving him too much praise.

To a lesser extent, Nuge. I like him and have consistently stuck up for him. He’s making it .......difficult.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Darnell Nurse without a doubt.

I really doubted his ability to be our number 1 guy, I didn’t think he had what it takes. But I’ve never been more wrong.

He’s stepped in and been that #1 d man we’ve needed this year. He’s been a horse for us, using his skating to break the puck out, making better decisions, winning battles and using his size to bully people along the boards.

There’s a reason why Tippett trusts him to play with Barrie, who is usually a liability in his own zone.

He’s been a revelation and definitely the 3rd best player on this team. If he wants money, you give it to him if he keeps playing like this .

He played 30 minutes last game. A horse he is! I remember when I watched him in Junior and on the WJC. Both teams trusted him the most in every situation and he played so much. But, he didn't get intimidated by the minutes. He welcomed them and took them on like a man. Excellent player. I've been a big fan of his since we drafted him

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Ennis for me. I said that he looked done when he was waived. He's been awesome since he got back into the lineup.

I guess Turris too. I wasn't a big fan, but I thought he would have stepped into that sheltered bottom six role that Haas had last year and produce some depth scoring. Instead he's filling the Sheahan role of being on the ice for a goal against every game.

Speaking of Sheahan, I remember there were some posters losing their mind about his goal and assist in the first couple games. Goose eggs since.

Reactions: Cloned

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
1. Nurse - Thought he was a solid 2nd pair guy, never thought he'd look this good. Hoping he keeps it up
2. Turris - Thought he'd be more solid than he's been
3. Khaira - Thought he was done

The Turtle

Feb 6, 2021
This thread is premature.

I can't say for this year yet due to sample size but khaira would be a candidate. I had him on waivers which actually did happen. I predict he'll drop back to useless status with time though.

Last season was definitely Yamomoto. Although with that frame I don't know what his longevity is going to be like. He was injured last game and small players tend to break down quickly.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Darnell Nurse without a doubt.

I really doubted his ability to be our number 1 guy, I didn’t think he had what it takes. But I’ve never been more wrong.

He’s stepped in and been that #1 d man we’ve needed this year. He’s been a horse for us, using his skating to break the puck out, making better decisions, winning battles and using his size to bully people along the boards.

There’s a reason why Tippett trusts him to play with Barrie, who is usually a liability in his own zone.

He’s been a revelation and definitely the 3rd best player on this team. If he wants money, you give it to him if he keeps playing like this .

This nailed it for me. Nurse is making me a believer. I'll be very happy to be wrong on him if this is the Nurse we get from here on out. I'm sure there will be rough patches, but we shouldn't tear him to shreds when it happens; with the high level he's been playing at basically all season long thus far, he's earned some benefit of the doubt and some leeway that he will return to that form.

Smith is another. Though he'll probably come back down to Earth relatively soon, he's been fantastic in 4 of his 5 starts, which is much better than I would've expected from him. With how hot and cold Smith can be, I think Tippett should ride him as our #1, but recognize that when he's off he needs to pull him early and get Kosko in there, because when he's bad he's a disaster.

I don't mind being wrong. Winning makes everything better, and in the end I just want us to win.

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
Nah.

Larsson is at like 6 S’s though.

With that ssssss sound we should call him Ekans!

CarefulConcreteAsianwaterbuffalo-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: Cloned

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
Nurse and Pulju for me.

I still think we some regression offensively from Nurse but hes looking great.

I also did not think Pulju had the finishing ability to pot 20+ goals a year consistently. Dude looks like he could bang home 30 one of these years.

Reactions: Whyme

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->