Player Discussion The Eating Crow Thread

Drai Fi

Sep 17, 2019
Darnell Nurse without a doubt.

I really doubted his ability to be our number 1 guy, I didn’t think he had what it takes. But I’ve never been more wrong.

He’s stepped in and been that #1 d man we’ve needed this year. He’s been a horse for us, using his skating to break the puck out, making better decisions, winning battles and using his size to bully people along the boards.

There’s a reason why Tippett trusts him to play with Barrie, who is usually a liability in his own zone.

He’s been a revelation and definitely the 3rd best player on this team. If he wants money, you give it to him if he keeps playing like this .

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Mike Smith has to be #1 for everybody so far. It is really, REALLY, early with him so far though, so shouldn't be counting our chickens just yet.
Khaira's recent play has me looking foolish a bit, as I thought he was pretty much done in the league. However he has had little spurts like before that amounted to nothing, so I guess we'll see.
Pulj has to be up there for everybody as well. I kinda expected some offence to come back to him, but his dogged determination on the forecheck and physical play has been a big surprise.
Lagesson has been more of a rock than I thought he would be. What is his injury anyhow?

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Puljujarvi for sure.

I was very critical of him his first 10 games this season but now I’ve grown to love him.

Reactions: RattsSSV

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Mike Smith has to be #1 for everybody so far. It is really, REALLY, early with him so far though, so shouldn't be counting our chickens just yet.
Khaira's recent play has me looking foolish a bit, as I thought he was pretty much done in the league. However he has had little spurts like before that amounted to nothing, so I guess we'll see.
Pulj has to be up there for everybody as well. I kinda expected some offence to come back to him, but his dogged determination on the forecheck and physical play has been a big surprise.
Lagesson has been more of a rock than I thought he would be. What is his injury anyhow?
I’ve always been decently amenable to Smith. :)

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
Pulju, beyond a doubt. But he's playing the size and pace game I always wanted to and getting to pucks and being a handful. Was always a feeling of what he should be bringing, now he is doing that.

I'm one of the consistent Nurse supporters on this board. Smith? One poster was calling me a Smith "fanboy" just last week. hmmm.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I generally kind of over positive when it comes to Oiler players...but I was ready to throw Khaira in my trunk and drive him to the airport earlier this year.

he’s been very good since getting back into the lineup.

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
Haas. He’s brought more to the lineup than I expected. Provided he can stay healthy playing that style, this might be his breakout year.

Haas for me as well. I was not a fan of him last year but really like his play this season.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
I thought and hoped Koskinen would be better. His rebound control this year at times has me worried, he fights off too many shots because his reflexes suck. Maybe @Wen22 is right and Smith will scare him into playing better. lol.

Reactions: Wen22

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Pulju, beyond a doubt. But he's playing the size and pace game I always wanted to and getting to pucks and being a handful. Was always a feeling of what he should be bringing, now he is doing that.

I'm one of the consistent Nurse supporters on this board. Smith? One poster was calling me a Smith "fanboy" just last week. hmmm.

And now you won't let him in the fanclub, with his nose pressed against the glass. ;)

Reactions: Biltmore

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
1. Barrie - Was very disappointed in his play early in the season. Didn't seem to be generating much and was just "there".
2. Larsson - I was literally done with this dude and then he started to return to that solid af nasty dman we saw back in 2017.
3. Smith - Didn't think he had anything left in the tank but looks good so far.
4. Khaira - Has returned to at least looking like he gives a shit after being invisible for what seems like 2 years or so.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
And now you won't let him in the fanclub, with his nose pressed against the glass. ;)

Theres room on the potato cart. I mean Smith is nothing exceptional, but clearly the best we got, and hard to comprehend people not seeing that. He'll have his off games for sure at this age and one bad tendency is when the team in front of him is not playing, Smith doesn't knock himself out trying to save them. if the team bails on Smith, its not pretty. But when teams are on board playing within their schemes Smith is solid most nights. Sure is showing up in the W/L column which is the ONLY stat that matters.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Nurse is doing much better than I expected

Turris is doing much worse than expected.

Jury is still out on Khaira for me. He has always had flashes of good play for short periods of time. I don't think it'll last but I'm excited to be seen wrong

Short sample size but Lagesson has been way more impressive than expected.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

Not sure why. He was excellent down the stretch for us last year. Had one bad game in the play in round. Playing like he did last spring, maybe even better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->