OT: The driving/racing/karting/meLVin on ATV/motorsports enthusiast thread

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
I started watching right when LeClerc hit the wall. Gotta say, with the poor performance by Hamilton, Vettel starting so far back in the field, and the non-stop crashes forcing the field to compact with the safety car, it was a much higher drama filled race than expected. Maybe F1 should only race on a damp track. I was rooting hard for Lance Stroll to make the podium. It seemed feasible at 10 laps to go, but that was a pipe dream actualized faulty with about 7(?) left.

I like Haas in theory, but they need better cars and better drivers. The two almost took each other out in a pass situation toward the end of the race. It would've been high drama, and it was totally unnecessary.

Yeah it was the best race since......I want to say Canada 2014. But I may be a little biased since I was there. The last 3 races have been a breath of fresh air for F1. I was glad Kvyat got on the podium in the end. I miss the days where a smaller team had a shot to make the podium or win a grand prix (I know, what is that). I actually recently did a study between the Schumacher Ferrari days, the Vettel Red Bull days, and the Hamilton Mercedes days. Currently Mercedes have a higher win percentage in races/fewer different drivers on the podiums/fewer wins per teams than either of the other eras.

Grosjean has just been bad this season (and last). It seems like the collisions in the last 2 races were mostly his fault. Magnussen seems to be getting better. In his early days at Haas, other drivers complained about his defending and overtaking. But he seems to be getting into fewer collisions and getting less penalties recently. I wouldn't mind them to keep Magnussen and add a different driver for their other seat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->