OT: The driving/racing/karting/meLVin on ATV/motorsports enthusiast thread

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
I know little to nothing about racing and/or cars but will add the following to this thread:

- We used to go to Atco Raceway growing up to watch the funny cars, jet cars, and dragsters. A stuntman tried to jump over a funny car once and clipped his feet on the roof. His shoes flew at least 100 ft in the air and his feet very well may have still been in them.

- Martin Truex went to my high school.

- I got pretty good at Gran Turismo in college. That shit was fun.

Oskar Man

Social Assassin
Nov 30, 2010
I really really want an old Ford F100 and have been watching vids on Youtube where guys drop the old pickup body onto a Crown Vic. Building a car is something I will do at some point but don't have a garage at my current house.

Reactions: bennysflyers16

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
Love Ducati and MV Agusta. Still watch WSB and MotoGP. 1st bike Honda 250 Dream 1964. Last bike Ducati 996 2001. Loved going to Fast By Ferraci in Willow Grove and looking at the new shiny Ducs and MVs. Lots of time Ferraci would bring out a few of his collectibles. The latest Ducati SB, the Panigale V4 R= 234 HP...insane.....

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
Love Ducati and MV Agusta. Still watch WSB and MotoGP. 1st bike Honda 250 Dream 1964. Last bike Ducati 996 2001. Loved going to Fast By Ferraci in Willow Grove and looking at the new shiny Ducs and MVs. Lots of time Ferraci would bring out a few of his collectibles. The latest Ducati SB, the Panigale V4 R= 234 HP...insane.....
I want an Agusta so bad.

Reactions: macleish1974

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
Ok so I need to investigate this place so I can tell better info. But it's in northwestern pa. You rent these badass golf carts for 60 bucks. They have this trail through there property where you basically go fourwheeling in there carts. Up and down huge hills around crazy turns , threw streams at the bottom of hills, and there's parts of the track that you go threw the farm fields along the woods where you get serious speed. It's one of the funnest times I've had with my son, flying around getting all muddy and wet flying threw the woods . He was 5 at the time. Might be tame compared to off road and motorbike enthusiasts but was awesome for us. Devils backbone. Erie county pa

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
Ok so I need to investigate this place so I can tell better info. But it's in northwestern pa. You rent these badass golf carts for 60 bucks. They have this trail through there property where you basically go fourwheeling in there carts. Up and down huge hills around crazy turns , threw streams at the bottom of hills, and there's parts of the track that you go threw the farm fields along the woods where you get serious speed. It's one of the funnest times I've had with my son, flying around getting all muddy and wet flying threw the woods . He was 5 at the time. Might be tame compared to off road and motorbike enthusiasts but was awesome for us. Devils backbone. Erie county pa
You mean a side by side like one of these?

d51594fc-eda3-4919-bd6a-31148e9fe598.png

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Hell yeah! Australian Grand Prix weekend starts one week from today!!!

A couple pics from the German Grand Prix last year:

37632229_10109967501808359_4800292081232773120_o.jpg

37635883_10109967502467039_1014244801689681920_o.jpg

37351797_10109967502871229_5102034909829005312_o.jpg

Coolest thing about the event I thought was how relaxed security was. You could just bring in all the food and beers and champagne and people were just ripping cigs and joints right in the stands. It was awesome. And no one fought or threw up or acted a fool.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
Coolest thing about the event I thought was how relaxed security was. You could just bring in all the food and beers and champagne and people were just ripping cigs and joints right in the stands. It was awesome. And no one fought or threw up or acted a fool.
Lol that wouldn't fly at a NASCAR event, though last time I checked, F1 prices most of the idiots out.

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
I want an Agusta so bad.

Ferraci was the importer of Ducati and MV for many years. His racing bikes are legendary. But ~3-4 years ago he gave up the business and retired. Eurosports in Coopersburg, PA, just north of Quakertown, PA sell both the Duc and MV brands now, but it is not the same experience. Ferraci would let you test ride a Duc [ last one I tested was the 1198 S, way too much power even with all the traction control electronics] . Eurosports will not. What is fun is taking the MSF course with the young kids on Honda 250 Rebels. 10% fail the written test, 25% drop out and another 25% fail the road test. One young person panic-ed so bad, screaming the whole time, frozen stiff. The person couldn't find the brakes, clutch or anything. Went over the parking lot curb, into the grass and fell over. The person got up, threw the helmet, stomped off and hopped in the car and drove off.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
You can bring coolers into NASCAR events. Always bring one into the spring Dover race
i used to pay an extra fee, for the hospitality package and pit pass. they have tents set up, with food, beer and sodas. and you could go restock your cooler during the race. also a driver usually was there, before the race, to sign autographs on pics or free hats.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Lol that wouldn't fly at a NASCAR event, though last time I checked, F1 prices most of the idiots out.
Not at all (at least this one). I think a ticket Thurs-Sun was like $450 (cheaper if you just get race day) and we were in one of the most expensive non-suite or VIP sections. Plenty of cheaper tickets available. The hardest part is the travel expense. My friend and I live on opposite sides of the country and we wanted to go to Austin for the USGP but airfare and hotels were like double the price to go to Germany so we said f*** it let's go. Canada you can get three day passes for under $300. Plus at least in Germany you could bring in all your food and drink and the stuff for sale was dirt-ass cheap too.

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
Ferraci was the importer of Ducati and MV for many years. His racing bikes are legendary. But ~3-4 years ago he gave up the business and retired. Eurosports in Coopersburg, PA, just north of Quakertown, PA sell both the Duc and MV brands now, but it is not the same experience. Ferraci would let you test ride a Duc [ last one I tested was the 1198 S, way too much power even with all the traction control electronics] . Eurosports will not. What is fun is taking the MSF course with the young kids on Honda 250 Rebels. 10% fail the written test, 25% drop out and another 25% fail the road test. One young person panic-ed so bad, screaming the whole time, frozen stiff. The person couldn't find the brakes, clutch or anything. Went over the parking lot curb, into the grass and fell over. The person got up, threw the helmet, stomped off and hopped in the car and drove off.
I’m 70% likely to fail the written or road test the first time. I’ve only ridden a little electric dirt bike when I was a kid.

Reactions: macleish1974

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Used to be into NASCAR for a while. I used to make a yearly trip to Charlotte for Memorial Day weekend and then do at least one other race trip a year plus Dover.

I was at Daytona for the first truck race which almost killed Geoff Bodine. I can remember sitting there thinking Oh Shit he's dead. Then when they didn't tarp over the truck I was shocked and knew he'd be ok.

Nothing was earsplitting as going to Nazareth and seeing Indycar. The whine of those engines was not a good thing without earplugs.

Reactions: landsbergfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad