GDT: The Drive for Five: Islanders @ Devils, 7 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
giphy.gif

FIVE GAMES LEFT, TRYING TO GET TO FIVE POINTS AHEAD. ALL KINDS OF FIVES TO BE HAD

vB6vHhI.gif

KEEP TAKING CARE OF BUSINESS, AND ALL WILL BE WELL!

giphy.gif

NOW, ENJOY ALL THE FIVES YOU CAN HANDLE. TIME TO GO TO WORK!

giphy.gif

YOUR NEW JERSEY DEVILS PROJECTED LINEUP:
#9 Taylor Hall (A) - #13 Nico Hischier - #21 Kyle Palmieri
#40 Michael Grabner - #37 Pavel Zacha - #17 Patrick Maroon
#40 Blake Coleman - #19 Travis Zajac (A) - #23 Stefan Noesen
#44 Miles Wood - #11 Brian Boyle - #39 Brian Gibbons

#6 Andy Greene (C) - #45 Sami Vatanen
#2 John Moore - #28 Damon Severson
#25 Mirco Mueller - #8 Will Butcher

#1 Keith Kinkaid
#35 Cory Schneider

archerfx.gif

NEW YORK ISLANDERS PROJECTED LINEUP:
#27 Anders Lee - #91 John Tavares (C) - #56 Tanner Fritz
#72 Anthony Beauvillier - #13 Mathew Barzal - #7 Jordan Eberle
#16 Andrew Ladd - #29 Brock Nelson - #52 Ross Johnston
#4 Dennis Seidenberg (wut?) - #21 Chris Wagner - #15 Cal Clutterbuck

#2 Nick Leddy - #55 Johnny Boychuk
#14 Thomas Hickey - #6 Ryan Pulock
#88 Brandon Davidson - #50 Adam Pelech

#41 Jaroslav Halak
#33 Chris Gibson

Hi-5.gif

LET'S GO TO WAR! LET'S GO DEVILS!!!!

safe_image.php

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The drive for five is kind of an amusing title for an Isles game thread given they've been in a neverending 'Drive for Five' since 1983-84. I think that was even their slogan that year.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Absolutely must win this game.
I think it's a must win game because losing to the Islanders is really bad for my health.

I might have to check in to an institution if we lose to them.

Really bad for my mental health and probably physical too. You saw how bad I flipped out when I had to pay to watch the game live on Patty night and we were down 1-0 for a lot of the game. I was so mad, I said I HATED our team!

If you know me, you can tell my mood when we lose a game to the Islanders. I have that ''You look like you wanna beat somebody's ass!'' look the entire day and sometimes multiple days. You could see the smoke coming out of my nose.

Back in 2013 (I think it was?) we lost to the Islanders on my birthday and it really wrecked a very nice evening with then-girlfriend.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
The drive for five is kind of an amusing title for an Isles game thread given they've been in a neverending 'Drive for Five' since 1983-84. I think that was even their slogan that year.
In fact, not only was it their slogan that year, I believe the next year it was "the drive for 5 is still alive"

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey

:laugh: That's a coincidence. That was before my time. Glad that I spun it that way to poke fun of the Isles in the end anyway.

Reactions: Nubmer6

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
:laugh: That's a coincidence. That was before my time. Glad that I spun it that way to poke fun of the Isles in the end anyway.

Before mine too but I remember reading about how that was their slogan a while back going for the fifth straight so the irony popped in my head right away, wasn't sure if it was intentional or not.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Islanders fan coming in peace, here is hoping you guys win like 7-6 tonight in regulation. Barzal 5 points.

Reactions: My3Sons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad