The Draft Analyst: 2019 Draft Top 100 (November)

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
He's only played 15 games in the SHL. Not two seasons. He's not in my first round either but let's be a little less critical of the only two 2019 eligble prospects who's played full time in the SHL so far. he's born late December also, not really a big deal.

I never said he played two seasons in the SHL. He was supposed to play a pretty big role for AIK last year but wasn't a factor at all and ended up in J20.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
I never said he played two seasons in the SHL. He was supposed to play a pretty big role for AIK last year but wasn't a factor at all and ended up in J20.
Then how has he not scored in two seasons if he's only played 15 SHL games? He scored 14 in 22 in the J20 last year and even had 3 in D2.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Then how has he not scored in two seasons if he's only played 15 SHL games? He scored 14 in 22 in the J20 last year and even had 3 in D2.

Like I said in my first post, Höglander can't play within a system. He doesn't know how to use his teammates properly but his speed and hands will still work like a charm in J20, especially in the bottom 10 team division where it's a lot easier to score. The big problem is not his previous numbers or his numbers now, I just can't see him becoming a productive player in the future with the way he plays.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Like I said in my first post, Höglander can't play within a system. He doesn't know how to use his teammates properly but his speed and hands will still work like a charm in J20, especially in the bottom 10 team division where it's a lot easier to score. The big problem is not his previous numbers or his numbers now, I just can't see him becoming a productive player in the future with the way he plays.
That doesn't have anything to do with the two seasons you mentioned for some reason.
He's also still 17, these kids want to score, make great plays and make a name for themselves. His development and meshing will come, but playing kids in bottom 6's with low ice time numbers doesn't always create a masterpiece.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Just a quick note, you have listed the wrong league for Moritz Seider. He's in the DEL not the DNL.

I really appreciate your extensive list.
Especially this early in the season you will find little consensus anyway and I mostly just look at the players that are listed and not paying too much attention to where they are ranked. So I am grateful that after looking at your list I can add a few names to check up on.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Also, what makes you rank Prikryl 106th? He is having a pretty poor season (stat-wise) on possibly the worst CHL team. Did you catch some Saint John Sea Dogs games this season?

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
I like this ranking of Russians much more than any list with Knyazev or Okhotyuk in the top 3.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
FWIW, the article was posted before the U18 5 Nations, so the gap has widened a bit since. Still, Kakko has looked very good at the U20 Four Nations even though the points aren't there. He's an elite stickhandler and has completed several near-impossible passes that led to scoring chances. Plus the fact that he's murder in the corners.

Reactions: FinPanda

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad