GDT: The Draft -- All Rumors, News, Speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

frozenrubber

Sponsor
Nov 27, 2005
Brooklyn
This is stunning. It beats out the Mike Richards/Jeff Carter trades for me as the most shocking.

How is this shocking? Bruins had/have cap issues, and Hamilton wants a big payday. Hamilton rumors have been going on for weeks.

Richards/Carter had just signed massive longterm deals only to be shipped out with nary a hint of them being available.

This is the Kessel trade again. The acquiring team paid slightly more than what the cost would of been w/ an offer sheet.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
How is this shocking? Bruins had/have cap issues, and Hamilton wants a big payday. Hamilton rumors have been going on for weeks.

Richards/Carter had just signed massive longterm deals only to be shipped out with nary a hint of them being available.

It's shocking because of the return for me. Just incomprehensible.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@TSNBobMcKenzie: Bold move by CGY to acquire Hamilton; will have to wait to see what's BOS angle, sounds like there may be more (Lucic?) to come.”

Jan 8, 2012
NY
LMFAO Boston. Worse than the Seguin trade. They were gifted a franchise center and a franchise defenseman for a winger and now they've traded both. Just wow.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Hamilton is the kind of player you make room to sign.

Also if you're going to trade a 22 year old top pairing dman you better get a bigger haul than a mid 1st rounder and 2 seconds

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
I mean at this point, if they do trade Lucic as well, why not approach Z about waiving his NTC? No sense in holding onto him and rebuilding at the same time.

The Undertaker

Jun 22, 2012
Joe Thornton, Phil Kessel, Tyler Seguin, Dougie Hamilton, Johnny Boychuk

for

Damage goods concussed Loui Eriksson, 15th pick, a few seconds, and a bunch of crap.

edit: o and Reilly Smith. Def in the Bruins favor

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
If Calgary offersheet-ed Hamilton, it would of cost them a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. And if Boston matched, they would of been screwed capwise.

Not just that, but they'd be getting the worse picks in a weaker 2016 draft.

When you look at it from Boston's situation, it really isn't nearly as bad as it initially seems.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Hamilton is the kind of player you make room to sign.

Also if you're going to trade a 22 year old top pairing dman you better get a bigger haul than a mid 1st rounder and 2 seconds

What do you think the return would be for a 31 year old top pairing RD who is a warrior on a 5.5 million a year contract?

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
If Calgary offersheet-ed Hamilton, it would of cost them a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. And if Boston matched, they would of been screwed capwise.

Yeah so they actually did better than offer sheet compensation, I don't understand why people are killing Boston so bad over this. They were losing Hamilton either way. If they plan on doing a quick retool/rebuild the draft picks are going to help with that.

If you want to kill anyone for ruining Boston, blame the former GM not the current one cleaning up messes the old one left. If I'm an Edmonton fan, this scares the **** out of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad