GDT: The Draft -- All Rumors, News, Speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Mother of God.

What a brutal deal. Boston depleting their future top pair Dman and doing us a favor and moving him out of the conference. Double win!

TurgePurge*

Bobby Macs tweet offered the likely explanation. I forgot who it was, maybe travis yost, who guessed that this type of pseudo offer sheet trade might happen

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Honestly I'm starting to realize the mind of a GM is so overrated lol. Some of us could run a franchise and not get bent over like some of these idiots do nowadays. Hey I'm happy though, Boston gets worse.

Yeah what's your resume man? I bet you never worked in a front office and you're some armchair guy telling AV Glass sucks. I will take their word he sucks over yours.

BTW Boston just made my day. There are in fact dumb people in the front office.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
If the Rangers had traded 3 picks for Hamilton this board would have had a ****ing collective meltdown. Calgary does it and it's immediately, "ONLY 3 DRAFT PICKS!???!"

BarbaraAlphanse

If the Rangers had traded 3 picks for Hamilton this board would have had a ****ing collective meltdown. Calgary does it and it's immediately, "ONLY 3 DRAFT PICKS!???!"

It would have felt like swan diving into a field of marshmallows if we had done the trade.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA

thats a good point.

the rangers effectively traded a first and a 2nd for Keith Yandle at half his contract, and ppl KILLED that deal.

its a great trade for both teams.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY

Was Skjei our last first round pick? I wouldn't mind trading so many picks if we don't trade them away every damn year.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
This is the kind of trade that would make me cancel season tickets and riot. I cant get over this. It's so bad....

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
According to McKenzie, Boston got more than they would have had Hamilton been offered sheet.

If Hamilton signs for under $7.3 million, Boston would only get a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. So a 1st and two 2nds bests that by a bit. It's not nearly as bad as it seems, Boston did the best they could under their situation. They hoped someone would bite with picks and players, but they do get more than if Hamilton were given an offer sheet which Boston can't match

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
New management in Boston probably sees they have a mess on their hands to clean up. They just won a 'Cup not long ago, hitting the reset button isn't a bad thing necessarily. Trading Seguin was a stupid move, but not this regimes fault, nor are the cap issues.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago

Hamilton at 22 y/o is not msl at 38.

On another note. Girardi to Boston? :sarcasm:

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
This is stunning. It beats out the Mike Richards/Jeff Carter trades for me as the most shocking.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
thats a good point.

the rangers effectively traded a first and a 2nd for Keith Yandle at half his contract, and ppl KILLED that deal.

its a great trade for both teams.

It is? How is it good for Boston? Are they going into to complete rebuilding mode? It's not maximizing asset value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad