GDT: The Don't Flame Out Game|Jackets@Calgary|3-19-19|9:00 p.m.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I turned off the game after that late period goal. That can't happen and I had no interest in watching after that.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I don't know Metz except to have golfed one day with him (and his wife). He was a heck of a nice guy. And while I'll not go into the story, I witnessed him do a really stand up deed when a course worker did something totally inappropriately.

I cant say that I know him outside of CBJ stuff but he is always so nice to us when he sees us even to invite us to a team hotel so my son could meet the players. Dave's wife is very genuine too. Very nice family and great to have them be part of CBJ. I am starting to think that Torts may have anger issues...

Ran into Metz in Vegas and had a great chat with him. Honest takes about the team, couple good jokes.. seemed like a good guy to me too.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
so no Foligno sighting? Have Palmeiri hurt in fantasy so could use Foligno back as he's on my IR

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Torts has hated Maetzold for a while now. Watch the PCs and he hates, hates the questions he gets asked by him. I’ll give Torts that most of Maetzolds questions are pretty basic softball stuff but he has to ask those all the time for the player interviews, so he’s sort of stuck in that mindset. Should keep him there instead of in the coach’s postgame huddle.

Reactions: Jive Pawnbroker

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
Torts has hated Maetzold for a while now. Watch the PCs and he hates, hates the questions he gets asked by him. I’ll give Torts that most of Maetzolds questions are pretty basic softball stuff but he has to ask those all the time for the player interviews, so he’s sort of stuck in that mindset. Should keep him there instead of in the coach’s postgame huddle.

Or maybe Torts could realize that Dave is a nice guy doing his job and not be a jerk to him.

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
My only experience was a drunk Maetzold sitting in the club seats behind me at a preseason game. He was certainly less than charming. I didn’t get the impression he was a stand up guy that particular day. Lots of time running his mouth about players and occasionally a few nearby fans as well. This was back about 7 years ago. Pre-Jeff Carter era.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
My only experience was a drunk Maetzold sitting in the club seats behind me at a preseason game. He was certainly less than charming. I didn’t get the impression he was a stand up guy that particular day. Lots of time running his mouth about players and occasionally a few nearby fans as well. This was back about 7 years ago. Pre-Jeff Carter era.

This is the Dave I’ve heard about as well (I work with one of his neighbors and the stories are less than flattering)

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Honestly, who cares about Dave , he has a job to do , and Torts is ass clown to the media , more days than not , and only wants to answer questions when they play well. Tired of his terrible coaching and his childish behavior . Give us a half decent coach , with this roster , we’re probably winning the Metro right now

Reactions: CarolinaBlueJacket

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad