GDT: The Don't Flame Out Game|Jackets@Calgary|3-19-19|9:00 p.m.

logan etherton

Mar 9, 2019
It would be nice if Panarin would give 75%. It would be nice to see Dubinsky never don a CBJ sweater again. It would be nice to see Bjorkstrand get 15 minutes per game. It would be nice if Jones did't get 27 minutes per game. It would be nice if Riley Nash would have a spiritual epiphany and retire to a monastery.

Reactions: Palm Tree

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Indeed he is. He still had a lot of really good plays in addition to some bad ones. But 27 minutes is too much it seems, I think 24 is more doable for him. It's hard to get him down to that level with McQuaid in the lineup, who only played 9:34 tonight.
Sedins brothers are probably calling him with condolences.

Reactions: majormajor

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
What are you basing this on besides the usual hysteria after a loss?

They have a hard schedule. However, NYI is struggling and MTL should have beat them last week, but choked. I think they win that game, Buffalo is an easy win. I think they lose in Carolina, win vs Florida.

Then they play us, Tampa, Winnipeg, and Washington. Only problem? They've beaten us in both games. Winnipeg, Tampa, and Washington will already have playoff spots locked down, and probably will have seeding locked down too. So, that means resting players.

Basically, if we lose that game against Montreal, its probably over unless Washington and Winnipeg stumble and need to play serious in the last week.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I'm pissed at the situation. Hard to be pissed at any of the players tonight. They really busted their asses, had 20-30 good scoring chances. They deserved better.

I do feel much better about the team in a way - this is the best they looked in a while, in my opinion, even better than the 7 goal game. The top line had their best game in about a month, they created so many good chances it's a damn wonder they didn't get one in. Dubois is forcing his way out of his slump. And I'm liking the way Werenski has stepped up.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I'm pissed at the situation. Hard to be pissed at any of the players tonight. They really busted their asses, had 20-30 good scoring chances. They deserved better.

I do feel much better about the team in a way - this is the best they looked in a while, in my opinion, even better than the 7 goal game. The top line had their best game in about a month, they created so many good chances it's a damn wonder they didn't get one in. Dubois is forcing his way out of his slump. And I'm liking the way Werenski has stepped up.

Agreed. Outside of the final 5 minutes of period 1, and first 10 minutes of period 2, they were the better team tonight. If they play like that in VAN and EDM they should win. And they need to.

Reactions: Jive Pawnbroker

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
It would be nice if Panarin would give 75%.

Oh he gave 75%. :laugh:

I don't know how you can watch that game and think he wasn't pretty damn close to 100%. I mean you're not the only one saying it, but I'm confident in saying he looked awesome. The feet were moving, the scoring chances were there. It didn't go in but that's randomness. I've been all over his case for weeks, but this was a different look.

Also, the reason it's funny is that he literally has 75% corsi on the night, also 75% shots, and 86% scoring chances. All tops on the team and super dominant numbers. 19 scoring chances when Panarin was on the ice, that's nuts (if you're not familiar with the site - click on the "Blue Jackets On Ice" tab).

Reactions: CPTN71

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Agreed. Outside of the final 5 minutes of period 1, and first 10 minutes of period 2, they were the better team tonight. If they play like that in VAN and EDM they should win. And they need to.

Even with that bad stretch of the game included I feel good about the level of hockey I just saw. It was fast paced with a lot of good passes and great looks on net.

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
It's not mine, he was called like that by "Urinating tree" in 16-17 season.

It's just fits perfectly. Clowns are entertaining at least. TortureLLLa gimmicks are sad and boring..

Clowns are not very entertaining, they do silly stuff for attention, just like Torts.

And cockroaches are to be exterminated. We want to put Torts "out to pasture", not hurt him.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
What do you guys think about Syracuse Crunch, Head Coach?
GF#1, GA#2 PP#5, PK#4, league standings #2.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Not sure what game some of you watched, but Panarin can **** off now.....don't think he played well at all.

His laissez faire attitude, constant hesitation with the puck, bad passes.....he needs to be demoted to the 4th line, and not given any PP time.

Yes, I am pissed about this loss.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Let's play our favorite game.
With Ryan Murray this season 31-22-3 (even though, that 5 game losing streak is all Dubinsky fault.) .580%
Without 7-8-1. - .435%

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Some bad breaks (2 goal posts early on and gave one up with 7 seconds).

Not out of possibility that we wear Jones down the last 3 weeks of season and he has no legs left (assuming we get in). THat's risk you have if you have to fight each year to get in. Goal is to get in at this point and coach is doing what he probably needs to do.

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
Of course the portion of the post game presser the Jackets post at their site does NOT contain him snapping at Metz................

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Dave is such a nice guy. I can't imagine anyone snapping at him.
I don't know Metz except to have golfed one day with him (and his wife). He was a heck of a nice guy. And while I'll not go into the story, I witnessed him do a really stand up deed when a course worker did something totally inappropriately.

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
I don't know Metz except to have golfed one day with him (and his wife). He was a heck of a nice guy. And while I'll not go into the story, I witnessed him do a really stand up deed when a course worker did something totally inappropriately.

I cant say that I know him outside of CBJ stuff but he is always so nice to us when he sees us even to invite us to a team hotel so my son could meet the players. Dave's wife is very genuine too. Very nice family and great to have them be part of CBJ. I am starting to think that Torts may have anger issues...

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->