The Difference Between Jack Johnson and Todd Bertuzzi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
Todd Bertuzzi is stronger, if Johnson was half as strong as Bertuzzi, Downy would be seriously, seriously injured. Anyone that says Todd Bertuzzi doesn't deserve to play, neither does Jack Johnson, just thought I'd point that out to the people that complain about Bertuzzi playing for Canada.

Happy new years! :)

Phanuthier*

First off, I don't think what Bertuzzi did was actually that bad.

This was Dale Hunter / Derian Hatcher like. It was away from the play and an obvious cheap shot. At least 1 game suspension IMO, 2 if they make it to the finals. If they do not suspend Jackson, they are promoting cheap shots and saying its ok to elbow players in the head.

Jack Johnson's a good player, but :shakehead

What a disgraceful play by J Johnson

Jaysfanatic*

Johnson did what Domi did to Niedermayer. He is a punk, and I hope he gets banned for the tournament.

zenator

Jan 1, 2004
Exactly what I was gonna say.

= Domi on Niedermayer

How many games did Tie get ?

I predict Jack-a$$ is out for the tourney.

Selfish player. Tarnishes his team.

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
hahaha, I was quite surprised to see this thread up so fast...hahaha

Agreed on the Johnson vs Domi comparison. Same situation.

Johnson gets the tournament, and has to change his name from Jack to Harry.

Vincent_TheGreat

Feb 27, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
NO NO NO! First off, this has nothing to do with Bertuzzi! Get that straight! A cheapshot is a cheapshot is a cheapshot! I don't care if your name is Bertuzzi, Johnson or Bubba! Johnson is a cheapshot, you do it once and you wear the label! He should get minimum 2 games! He showed no class, character nor did he show good sportsmanship.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
The camera angles I saw didnt show it that well. Didnt look like he caught him all the way. I wouldnt put it past Downie to embellish to get the extra penalties to Johnson. Maybe Downie should have thought twice about giving Johnson those little slashes to the back of the legs as the EN goal was being scored.

QYC

Dec 31, 2005
China/Canada
What Bertuzzi did was worse than what Johnson did. That's the difference. :)

Oh and Bertuzzi lost roughly 100 games due to suspension.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
i think he definitely deserves to get suspended - but it wasnt even in the same world as bertuzzi. they never showed an angle that shows how bad the contact was. the only angle we've seen is a high angle replay with no depth perception to the play. when they show the cross angle and it shows his head clearly snap from impact ill be more of the mind it was a world class cheap shot. for all we know he grazed him.

doesnt tarnish him at all in my mind - i cant wait to see him play for the canes. he's a tough sob - he wouldve taken everything canada threw at him in retaliation. his biggest regret will not be playing in a playoff game when they come after him.

Towelie*

Bruwinz37 said:
The camera angles I saw didnt show it that well. Didnt look like he caught him all the way. I wouldnt put it past Downie to embellish to get the extra penalties to Johnson. Maybe Downie should have thought twice about giving Johnson those little slashes to the back of the legs as the EN goal was being scored.

True true. Moore should have thought twice as well, right?

flambers

Jun 4, 2005
What Johnson did shows zero class. It was an intent to injury he should be kicked out of the WJC.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
Vincent_TheGreat said:
NO NO NO! First off, this has nothing to do with Bertuzzi! Get that straight! A cheapshot is a cheapshot is a cheapshot! I don't care if your name is Bertuzzi, Johnson or Bubba! Johnson is a cheapshot, you do it once and you wear the label! He should get minimum 2 games! He showed no class, character nor did he show good sportsmanship.

The incident itself has nothing to do with Bertuzzi, but it was just as dirty as Bertuzzi in every way. The game was over, in this case the whistle had already been blown, downy couldn't protect himself nor did he see it coming, so it was just as dirty as what Bertuzzi did.

Again, if JJ was as percise, or as strong as Bertuzzi, Downy would be seriously injured.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
Comfortably Numb said:
True true. Moore should have thought twice as well, right?

Throwing a clean body check and slashing someone at the end of a game arent the same. Neither were the retaliations. Good try though.....that all ya got?

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Both were cheapshots, but Bertuzzi's was worse because he did it from behind

Wranglers110

Dec 20, 2004
Las Vegas, NV
I was thinking Johnson's act was more like Dale Hunter on Pierre Turgeon.

In any case, if Johnson had done that in the NHL, he'd be out for 20+ games. I can handle the fact we lost a lot more than I can stomach one of our guys doing something so pathetically shameful.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
Colt.45Orr said:
Read what Bruwinz37 said on the Bruins board... said Downie "had it coming".. :shakehead

Live by the sword, die by the sword.....

or perhaps for Downie....DIVE by the sword! ;)

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
Colt.45Orr said:
Read what Bruwinz37 said on the Bruins board... said Downie "had it coming".. :shakehead

I said it on this board too...you dont have to re-direct anyone. It is right in this thread.

Towelie*

Bruwinz37 said:
Throwing a clean body check and slashing someone at the end of a game arent the same. Neither were the retaliations. Good try though.....that all ya got?

It's obvious that Downie was slashed first, why can't you see or recognize that? Downie retaliated first to Johnsons slash, whilst the game was still in play. Johnson started the whole thing, watch the replay. Johnson then escalated it with a dirty cheap shot.

Once again, I didn't make the comparison, so your first comment is completely irrelevant.

That all you got?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->