Confirmed with Link: The Devils call-up Jon Merrill

TaiMaiShu

Aug 12, 2005
And round and round the IR carousel we go. Bigger news is that Harrold is on it now.

Just Win

Nov 3, 2008
Stuttgart
I guess Merrill will play for Gelinas who went off the ice late in the game last night after taking a shot to his hand/arm.

It's nice that we have so many young dmen with talent but Lou needs to trade some for upgrades at forward. As long as the likes of Brunner, Olesz, Gionta and Tedenby are in the lineup, we will continue to suck.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
My belief from what I've seen is Merrill is not ready for the NHL just yet, but I hope he proves me soundly wrong.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
TG says Gelinasty is a game-time decision. Hurt his hand last night blocking a shot.

It looked nasty.

Wasnt really a blocking a shot as much as he got hit with a shot, but I was thinking at the time I hope it's not broken.

Very happy to hear TG report he's even a gt decision. :handclap:

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
I guess Merrill will play for Gelinas who went off the ice late in the game last night after taking a shot to his hand/arm.

It's nice that we have so many young dmen with talent but Lou needs to trade some for upgrades at forward. As long as the likes of Brunner, Olesz, Gionta and Tedenby are in the lineup, we will continue to suck.

Why the hell is Brunner in the same lost as the other 3? He's streaky no doubt but he's much better than those 3 and is needed in the lineup.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 30s
Eric Gelinas said his hand feels good enough to play. Puck deflected off his stick and up into meaty part of left thumb/hand.

Just Win

Nov 3, 2008
Stuttgart
Why the hell is Brunner in the same lost as the other 3? He's streaky no doubt but he's much better than those 3 and is needed in the lineup.

Because when he is not scoring (like you said very streaky) he becomes entirely useless. Seems to avoid contact all the time, his defensive postioning is a joke and he fumbles the puck like he is ****ing Kovy.

Also it is not a problem to have 1-2 of those guys in the lineup but those 4 is simply too much suck.

devsfan4life

Aug 13, 2007
FL
He always says "we went with the best team to win a hockey game". Time to put the best defense together.

Gelly-Larsson
Greene-Zidlicky
Merrill-Fayne

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I think Lou needs to trade one of these younger D-men (Fayne, Gelinas, Merrill) for some help at forward

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
does Gelly play with Larsson who has looked like a good pair, or with his Albany partner Merrill? hmmm

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
I would really like to see Merrill in the game tonight along with Larsson and Gelinas. Not sure if he is NHL ready yet but certainly interested in what our youth movement can do.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
What we're going to get with Merrill is attitude. Which I know is a pretty silly thing to tout. I just missing having a player on the ice that stands out above everyone else. You watch Merrill on the ice and you know he's a special kind of talent. His attitude and swagger on the ice is 100% the attitude and swagger of a top-pairing, shut-down D-Man.

And that's something, from what I read at least, that he didn't have as a kid at Michigan. So I like what he's developing into a lot.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I personally don't think Merrill is ready.

but that doesn't mean I'm not excited as hell to watch him play.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
I think Lou needs to trade one of these younger D-men (Fayne, Gelinas, Merrill) for some help at forward

Preferably Fayne. I think Merrill and Gelinas have more upside and Fayne hits FA this offseason. The core of this D in a year or two will be Larsson, Merrill, Severson, and Gelinas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->