NBA The Decision Part 3 - The LeBron James Watch.

Where does LeBron James sign?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
This is so absurd. I'm not saying it's something that doesn't get talked about, but the fact that there's even a debate about "Yeah, he can win a bunch of championships if he goes to team X, but it won't be rewarding" is just insane. How has it gotten to the point where people don't even value winning the NBA Championship if it isn't done in a certain way?

No sane person doesn't think he's the best ever, and if he goes to LA and wins 5 more Championships by himself, the people that think Jordan is better because he was 6-0 in the Finals or whatever the argument is would still never change their opinion. His legacy is set either way, just go to a place that will help you win more Championships, unless he values something else more.

He isn't the best ever

Reactions: Voight

ViktorBaeArvidsson

Greenville Swamp Rabbits fan lol
Feb 18, 2017
The Bible Belt of South Carolina
LeBron James, Chris Paul, and Paul George will all be Lakers. Lonzo will get traded to OKC along with other assets, so they don’t have to deal with... you know who. Then next year we’ll probably see a Western conference final against the Lakers and Warriors, Chris Paul will probably get injured again and the Warriors will have no problem beating the Lakers, which will lead them to an easy sweep against the Celtics or 76ers in the Finals. Once again proving that the NBA is completely predictable and laaaaame.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
LeBron James, Chris Paul, and Paul George will all be Lakers. Lonzo will get traded to OKC along with other assets, so they don’t have to deal with... you know who. Then next year we’ll probably see a Western conference final against the Lakers and Warriors, Chris Paul will probably get injured again and the Warriors will have no problem beating the Lakers, which will lead them to an easy sweep against the Celtics or 76ers in the Finals. Once again proving that the NBA is completely predictable and laaaaame.

I hope this is sarcasm because they cant afford CP3, LBJ and PG. Mind you they should have had CP3 6 years ago.....

If LeBron comes to the Lakers, the one thing I'm certain of is that Lonzo Ball will not be a Laker. I believe LeBron will make it a stipulation that the Lakers move him if he signs there. No need to deal with the circus that is LaVar Ball.

The LaVar circus was non existent after New Years, partially because he went overseas with his kids, but also because the Lakers probably flat out told him to lay off and stop attracting unwanted attention.

ViktorBaeArvidsson

Greenville Swamp Rabbits fan lol
Feb 18, 2017
The Bible Belt of South Carolina
I hope this is sarcasm because they cant afford CP3, LBJ and PG. Mind you they should have had CP3 6 years ago.....
Sure they can. I mean the Warriors can afford KD, Curry, Green, and Thompson why can’t the Lakers afford those 3 guys. Then again I’m not an NBA guy so I basically no nothing about the salary cap or hard cap whatever that means.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

The LaVar circus was non existent after New Years, partially because he went overseas with his kids, but also because the Lakers probably flat out told him to lay off and stop attracting unwanted attention.
The LaVar circus only stopped due to his sons being overseas and LaVar going with them. As soon as that ended, it started right back up again.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
The LaVar circus only stopped due to his sons being overseas and LaVar going with them. As soon as that ended, it started right back up again.

Magic Johnson took him aside and told him to shut up. Yes, being overseas kept him away from the NA media but the Lakers told him to quit his act and stop causing unnecessary problems.

Sure they can. I mean the Warriors can afford KD, Curry, Green, and Thompson why can’t the Lakers afford those 3 guys. Then again I’m not an NBA guy so I basically no nothing about the salary cap or hard cap whatever that means.

The Warriors can afford their big 4 because -

1) KD takes a 10 million dollar discount
2) Klay is still on a cheap rookie extension that pays him less than 20 million per year
3) Draymond also signed a cheap rookie extension deal
4) The last two signed their deals before the NBAs new TV deal exploded the salary cap and sent salaries thru the roof.
5) Curry is the only player making the max, and before this year he was paid $11 million per year
6) Vets and other players want to play for them, so they get good role players for cheap salaries, like Miami during the Heatles era.

LeBron and CP3 both want the max (200 million, 35-45 million per year) and George could also get close to that. You wont be able to form a team with 2, let alone 3 max contracts on the books. NBA has a soft cap like the MLB but unlike the MLB, you cant simply go over and pay tax. You can over the cap but not by enough to just sign whoever you want.

Funny thing is if the Warriors do some serious cap gymnastics they could sign LeBron.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
If LeBron comes to the Lakers, the one thing I'm certain of is that Lonzo Ball will not be a Laker. I believe LeBron will make it a stipulation that the Lakers move him if he signs there. No need to deal with the circus that is LaVar Ball.

once again

lols @ thinking that lavar ball will have any influence on lebron coming to LA

Reactions: Voight

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I wonder what Magic and Pelinka are thinking when they see these kids acting like kids with their social media posts and diss tracks while the organization is preparing to try and convince LeBron to sign.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I wonder what Magic and Pelinka are thinking when they see these kids acting like kids with their social media posts and diss tracks while the organization is preparing to try and convince LeBron to sign.
They're thinking they have even less of a reason to keep them around and move them for whoever LeBron wants.

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
Easiest path to a rematch is in the East. Center of the universe is New York. Bringing a title to Knicks makes him a God. Some can use "MJ never won in a pressure cooker like that" for LeBron. He always plays big at MSG. Relatively green coach in Fizdale to push around. After the Phil Jackson fiasco, no reason to think Dolan won't give Bron Bron the keys to the franchise. Plus, the Knicks have a history of showing love to aging stars.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

LeBron may also remember that he was that age at one point and its the kind of thing you do. Yes maturity comes into the question but James is not one to forget his roots.

Easiest path to a rematch is in the East. Center of the universe is New York. Bringing a title to Knicks makes him a God. Some can use "MJ never won in a pressure cooker like that" for LeBron. He always plays big at MSG. Relatively green coach in Fizdale to push around. After the Phil Jackson fiasco, no reason to think Dolan won't give Bron Bron the keys to the franchise. Plus, the Knicks have a history of showing love to aging stars.

Lol please. Even without P-Jax, the Knicks have no shot. Sure he knows Fizdale from their Miami days but the Knicks are a dumpster fire and have been irrelevant for 20 years now. Dolan is one of the worst owners in sports and wouldn't know how to treat a player like LeBron.

Lest we forget about P-Jax's "posse" comments - he may be gone but its not like Dolan or anyone else in the Knicks organization condemned him for those words.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
LeBron may also remember that he was that age at one point and its the kind of thing you do. Yes maturity comes into the question but James is not one to forget his roots.

Lol please. Even without P-Jax, the Knicks have no shot. Sure he knows Fizdale from their Miami days but the Knicks are a dumpster fire and have been irrelevant for 20 years now. Dolan is one of the worst owners in sports and wouldn't know how to treat a player like LeBron.

Lest we forget about P-Jax's "posse" comments - he may be gone but its not like Dolan or anyone else in the Knicks organization condemned him for those words.
Business>politics.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I don't know why I have this feeling, but I just have a sense that LeBron doesn't think teaming up with Paul George is all that enticing. Purely opinion, based on zero evidence but I've felt that way for a while now. I don't think Paul George moves the needle whatsoever for LeBron.

Kawhi Leonard on the other hand...
Chris Broussard is thinking that Lebron and Paul can sign with the Lakers and then the Lakers can then trade for George.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Why would Lavar have any power/influence in LA?

It would be bittersweet for Lakers to get Paul now...if they got him in the trade 6 years ago they probably win at least one more ring with Kobe.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Kawhi being on block makes Lonzo not as secure with the team as previously thought....

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
imagine thinking that lebron wouldn't sign with the lakers because of lavar ball

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Lonzo can and will improve but right now he can't shoot, can't really create his own shot, isn't great defensively, and needs the ball in his hands. That's just about the worst possible combination to have for a starter next to LeBron. Ideally you'd develop Lonzo and maybe even have LeBron help with that but I don't think he's waiting around for a year or two for that to happen. It makes the most sense to use Lonzo as a trade chip but who knows what his value is like. Ingram's value has to be higher and maybe Kuzma's as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad