NBA The Decision Part 3 - The LeBron James Watch.

Where does LeBron James sign?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Paul and LeBron both want to max, Harden already has it. Would be impossible to do it.

GSW only has one max player, KD takes a 10 million dollar discount and Klay/Draymond are on cheap deals.

Kyrie signed his rookie extension right before LeBron came, The Heatles all took discounts to sign there.

Its impossible to win with 3 max players, you wouldn't be able to fill out a roster.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I thought the Sixers had a great shot before the Colangelo thing, but with that it's hard to see him going there now.

I went with the Lakers since it's a high profile location that can attract other free agents, they've started a decent rebuild, and I'm pretty sure LeBron has a house in SoCal.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
This is so absurd. I'm not saying it's something that doesn't get talked about, but the fact that there's even a debate about "Yeah, he can win a bunch of championships if he goes to team X, but it won't be rewarding" is just insane. How has it gotten to the point where people don't even value winning the NBA Championship if it isn't done in a certain way?

No sane person doesn't think he's the best ever, and if he goes to LA and wins 5 more Championships by himself, the people that think Jordan is better because he was 6-0 in the Finals or whatever the argument is would still never change their opinion. His legacy is set either way, just go to a place that will help you win more Championships, unless he values something else more.
LeBron is an opportunist. Great players have their time to shine and some win championships and some don't. If Lebron moves on again it will just further cement the fact that as an individual he was great but he didn't build anything like the greats before him. LeBron could play until he is 45 and have every record in the book and even invent more but it won't change the fact that the greats before him did more with less. The more GS wins the more impact it has on LeBrons legacy because at this stage in their careers the most dominant players where playing for the most dominant teams, which Cleveland never was.

Reactions: Voight

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I don't know why I have this feeling, but I just have a sense that LeBron doesn't think teaming up with Paul George is all that enticing. Purely opinion, based on zero evidence but I've felt that way for a while now. I don't think Paul George moves the needle whatsoever for LeBron.

Kawhi Leonard on the other hand...

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
He's joining the Lakers so Lavar Ball can show him how to play better.
Lavar is possibly the only man who could have beat MJ 1 on 1 in his prime... who better to learn from?

Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, Randle are a better group than the Cavs he just carried to the finals. That, plus lifestyle and business opportunities, the Lakers just seem like the best fit IMO.

Rockets and Spurs are two other potential suitors. Close friends on both teams, and they’re already very good without LeBron.

Reactions: TNT87

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I thought the Sixers had a great shot before the Colangelo thing, but with that it's hard to see him going there now.

I went with the Lakers since it's a high profile location that can attract other free agents, they've started a decent rebuild, and I'm pretty sure LeBron has a house in SoCal.

He has two actually. Bought a second one last year.

Lavar is possibly the only man who could have beat MJ 1 on 1 in his prime... who better to learn from?

Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, Randle are a better group than the Cavs he just carried to the finals. That, plus lifestyle and business opportunities, the Lakers just seem like the best fit IMO.

Rockets and Spurs are two other potential suitors. Close friends on both teams, and they’re already very good without LeBron.

That's they key.

His entertainment and media businesses are already headquartered in LA, as is his business partner. He's already had a few small acting roles and wants to do more of that, so instead of only having time in the summer to do so, he'd have all year. It would also be a great place for his kids to play junior ball.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I think it's safe to assume that when his playing days are over, LA will be his home. So it's just a question of when. In his presser after game 4 he emphasized the role his family would play in his decision, and from that perspective LA makes the most sense. Go there now and he doesn't have to worry about moving his kids again.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Honestly I could see him going to the Clippers. Maybe it's just me but if they can get a PG and resign Bradley and let West find a C that he likes.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
No chance LeBron goes to Los Angeles and it isn't to play for the Lakers.
I’d rather go to a team with the person who built the Warriors and has actually been to the playoffs recently over a team that does have some promising players but is still young.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I’d rather go to a team with the person who built the Warriors and has actually been to the playoffs recently over a team that does have some promising players but is still young.
I mean, I wouldn't exactly give Jerry West all the credit for building the Warriors. Curry was already in tow when he got there, and they drafted Klay Thompson a month after hiring West.

The Clippers roster isn't enticing, nor is the allure of playing for a franchise with no history if he's go to to Los Angeles. At least with the Lakers, there are young pieces everywhere and he can work with Magic to tinker the roster how he wants by moving those young players.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

He's not going to play with those young players if he goes to the Lakers. It'll likely be similar to the Cavs return where he knows beforehand they're going to move some of them out.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Didn't see this thread, put me down for Lakers. Think LeBron wants to be able to have a say in things and it's a clean slate. Also, it makes the most sense in terms of getting ready for his post playing career.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Honestly I could see him going to the Clippers. Maybe it's just me but if they can get a PG and resign Bradley and let West find a C that he likes.

Clippers lost any remote chance of getting him after CP3 wanted out. He was the only reason LeBron would have even taken a meeting.

If Lebron goes to LA how long until he gets Walton fired and inserts someone who he can control as HC?

It won't happen.

LeBron didn't like Blatt because he wanted a former player to be coach. Hence why they hired Lue and why they were also considering Mark Jackson. Walton is a guy he played against and who's still only 4 years older than him.

He's not going to play with those young players if he goes to the Lakers. It'll likely be similar to the Cavs return where he knows beforehand they're going to move some of them out.

Ingram, or more likely Lonzo would be tarred for a K-Love type of piece. Thing is, if he joins the Lakers he may not win or make the finals right away, but they have quite the young core, he's never been surrounded by that many good young players.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
LeBron is an opportunist. Great players have their time to shine and some win championships and some don't. If Lebron moves on again it will just further cement the fact that as an individual he was great but he didn't build anything like the greats before him. LeBron could play until he is 45 and have every record in the book and even invent more but it won't change the fact that the greats before him did more with less. The more GS wins the more impact it has on LeBrons legacy because at this stage in their careers the most dominant players where playing for the most dominant teams, which Cleveland never was.
Nice circular logic.

Reactions: LaVar

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Ingram, or more likely Lonzo would be tarred for a K-Love type of piece. Thing is, if he joins the Lakers he may not win or make the finals right away, but they have quite the young core, he's never been surrounded by that many good young players.

I'd try to keep Ingram and move Lonzo and other pieces to bring in another player who can help them compete right away. At the age of 33 now, he probably doesn't want anything to do with a bunch of 20-22 year olds unless you're talking about legit stars, which none of these guys are. I can't see him wasting one or two of the few good years he has left waiting for them to develop.

Reactions: All Might

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
lonzo isn't going anywhere. and they'd be extremely stupid to move him anyways

like i said, if ingram can keep making strides like he did last season he'll be a star pretty soon. kuzma is on the fast track to star status already

lebron would be that vet they need to put them over the top

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
lonzo isn't going anywhere. and they'd be extremely stupid to move him anyways

like i said, if ingram can keep making strides like he did last season he'll be a star pretty soon. kuzma is on the fast track to star status already

lebron would be that vet they need to put them over the top
If LeBron comes to the Lakers, the one thing I'm certain of is that Lonzo Ball will not be a Laker. I believe LeBron will make it a stipulation that the Lakers move him if he signs there. No need to deal with the circus that is LaVar Ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad