The David Booth (@D_Booth7) Unappreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
David Booth ‏@D_Booth7
Can't get over yesterday. Still thinking about CT. Wondering... with all the thoughts & PRAYERS why not bring Christ back into the schools?

I don't want to get into a philosophical/religious debate about David "Mike Huckabee" Booth, but between this sort of thing, his hunting controversies, his idiotic jokes about how a woman shouldn't be president because she'd shop for shoes all day, and his on-ice play, is there some way Aqua man could convince Jacobs to include a "David Booth release" clause in the new CBA?

Just wonderin.

nekyvGkOPaiWICTscLl6

Jul 14, 2009
Sudbury
I endorse this thread.

David Booth is trending towards Tim Thomas levels of idiocy. Everything he does rubs me the wrong way.

I suppose all that really matters is that he gets along well with his teammates, and on the surface, he seems well-liked so I can repress the fact that I don't like the guy. And hopefully he turns his game around next season.

Last edited:

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
For the record, this isn't about his religion -- people are free to believe what they want. It's about his continued complete lack of sensitivity/intelligence on pretty much anything he says.

Plus it's remarkably insulting, no matter what you believe, that he seems to be insinuating that somehow the attack was deserved. That's morally reprehensible.

RealGudbranson

Jun 19, 2008
I endorse this thread.

David Booth is trending towards Tim Thomas levels of idiocy.

I don't endorse this thread. Nothing good can come of it. Voicing displeasure about David Booth's play is one thing; but this thread, like the hunting threads, will get ugly fast.

Speaking of Tim Thomas he's definitely carrying through with his beliefs. His "retirement" coinciding with this lock-out can be seen a mile away.

RealGudbranson

Jun 19, 2008
Plus it's remarkably insulting, no matter what you believe, that he seems to be insinuating that somehow the attack was somehow deserved. That's morally reprehensible.

I think you're reading too far into things. He probably just saw everyone tweeting "thoughts and prayers with the parents of that school", and a light bulb came on somewhere in that head of his and switched with, with "in."

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
What a clown. He can think what he wants, but is he that dense that he can't see how other people are going to view those kinds of comments? Though from what I know about other Canucks, he might not be alone in that sentiment on the team.

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
I think you're reading too far into things. He probably just saw everyone tweeting "thoughts and prayers with the parents of that school", and a light bulb came on somewhere in that head of his and switched with, with "in."

I'd be inclined to agree if he wasn't parroting a line of messaging that's always put forward after something like this happens. I don't think he'd outright admit it, but I think it seems pretty clear to me. Otherwise, what would be the purpose of his comment? Nobody is actively discouraging anyone from sending good thoughts/prayers to the people effected by this tragedy.

I think at best it shows an alarming lack of character on his part. He also said a woman would be too busy shopping for shoes to be president. Why am I supposed to cheer for this guy?

May 31, 2006
David Booth is a garbage hockey player, but he is entitled to his own opinion. I personally don't see anything bad about what he said, even if I disagree.

RealGudbranson

Jun 19, 2008
I'd be inclined to agree if he wasn't parroting a line of messaging that's always put forward after something like this happens. I don't think he'd outright admit it, but I think it seems pretty clear to me. Otherwise, what would be the purpose of his comment? Nobody is actively discouraging anyone from sending good thoughts/prayers to the people effected by this tragedy.

I think at best it shows an alarming lack of character on his part. He also said a woman would be too busy shopping for shoes to be president. Why am I supposed to cheer for this guy?

Maybe he is suggesting what you say he is. I just don't see it, or at least, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, until he outright states it.

I was going to type that he seems to just have an alarming lack of common-sense / social-media judgment, but... that shoe comment. :shakehead That benefit of the doubt is slipping away.

Yikes.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
You know, I think he's a good player for us and will do well whenever hockey starts up again...

But *******, shut up. That's a very selfish comment. Of course the big hunter David Booth is going to blame it on something else besides the wide availability of weapons in the USA.

Hamhuis is just as religious as he is with a huge rural, small-town origins and channels that in constructive ways. Canadian vs Americans for you, I guess. One will make you respect him for his beliefs and the other makes you want to punch him.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
It makes so much sense that he has absolutely no vision while on the ice and can't pass worth a damn. He's just dumb. I wish he had Cody Hodgson's brain. Now there's someone with some hockey iq. (Sedins are obviously geniuses too, but booth couldn't handle that much awesome)

Dumb people: 2 groups. 1) non-religious 2) religious
Twitter is exposing him for what he really is... dumb.

Last edited:

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
lol, he's just parroting Mike Huckabee. And we know Booth is a pretty narrow-minded Christian. Nothing to see here.

craigcaulks*

I remember the good old days when players were seen, not heard. Like 5 years ago.

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
Plus it's remarkably insulting, no matter what you believe, that he seems to be insinuating that somehow the attack was deserved. That's morally reprehensible.

What? How do you figure?

It looks to me like he's just trying to encourage a more religious bend to addressing events like these after the fact. You or I might disagree, but I'd hardly call it morally reprehensible.

I don't see the point of this thread. People dislike Booth why? Because he's religious? Guess what, we have freedom of religion here in Canada.

He hunts animals? If you're worried about cruelty to animals, I suggest you become a vegetarian, as a relatively quick death for sport compared to a lifetime in awful living conditions being pumped full of growth hormones and such before being killed just so you can have a tastier meal? Personally I don't care for hunting, but to rag on someone who does it is just hippocratical. Unless you have the same feelings towards anyone that eats meat.

arsmaster*

For the record, this isn't about his religion -- people are free to believe what they want. It's about his continued complete lack of sensitivity/intelligence on pretty much anything he says.

In before the lock, and you can respond to me by pm...how does this insinuate anything.

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
Hamhuis is just as religious as he is with a huge rural, small-town origins and channels that in constructive ways. Canadian vs Americans for you, I guess. One will make you respect him for his beliefs and the other makes you want to punch him.

This is really what it comes down to, culture not religion. Americans just love to mouth off about jesus. Sadly for him, the constitution and the intent of the founders is quite clear—"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion." Conversely, the constitutional arguments in favour of gun ownership are far murkier.

I don't dislike David Booth, I don't think there's malice behind his remarks. He's just dumb as hell.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
While I do not dislike Booth, I'll call him a moron for making that tweet. Just the insinuation of God not being in schools having any relation to the tragedy that unfolded is ridiculous.

That said, this is about religion and ought to be on the political board.

May 31, 2006
I wonder if you would all have your panties in a twist if Booth had called for greater gun control, which is an equally controversial and ridiculous opinion.

ZenMaster*

What the **** David Booth,

No longer a fan of his, someone please get him some shrooms and some documentaries on science and Zeitgeist.

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
In before the lock, and you can respond to me by pm...how does this insinuate anything.

Seriously? When someone's only response to an event like that is "can't we have more [anything] in schools" it's a pretty clear indication that the person is suggesting what they think will help solve the problem.

You can fill in the blank on [anything], too. It actually doesn't have to be religion. It's just an insulting, reductionist comment that he made. I have no interest in arguing the merits of theism (in all its forms) vs atheism, which is the sort of topics that don't last around here. I just think his comments are inappropriate, insensitive, and, to my mind, show a complete lack of understanding of complex social issues.

That's something he's shown time and time again.

StringerBell

People need to get over themselves. He's tweeting about how awful he feels for those involved in the tragedy yesterday and you call him insensitive? I may not agree with the notion of bringing religion back into schools, but I damn sure support him using his celebrity to spread whatever brings him peace and happiness into his life.

Atheists are so uptight these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->