avelanch

Feb 9, 2010
1o3xqa.jpg

Keep on keeping on!

How Ya Drouin

12/08/13 GM GamesRIP
Apr 24, 2013
Ontario
I like his tenacity and he really is a solid player!

If he can work on his skating he's gonna be a really solid bottom sixer for years to come.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
I really hope Sestito is waived and Archie is kept on the roster if/when everyone is healthy.

Basso

Dec 11, 2008
Good 4th liner with 3rd line potential! Can't wait to see him fight :D

TacitEndorsement

Jul 2, 2009
Anyway, pairing him with Kassian is deadly. Love having this guy on the team, and it's phenomenal we got him for nothing.

Betamax*

I really hope Sestito is waived and Archie is kept on the roster if/when everyone is healthy.

Good 4th liner with 3rd line potential! Can't wait to see him fight :D

Yeah, that's the x-factor.

We don't know who good or bad Archie (is that his nickname?) when it comes to the fisticuffs against NHL caliber fighters or even his willingness to do so. If he is willing and is as good (or bad) as Sestito in that department, then he's an upgrade for the team over Sestito.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
I have always liked Archibald.

Better skills than people realize, as mentioned just needs to continue to work on skating:

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Yeah, that's the x-factor.

We don't know who good or bad Archie (is that his nickname?) when it comes to the fisticuffs against NHL caliber fighters or even his willingness to do so. If he is willing and is as good (or bad) as Sestito in that department, then he's an upgrade for the team over Sestito.

It's a good thing that fighting isn't actually important.

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
very impressed with Archibald, but Sestito is a useful goon for some regular season games.

Archibald has top 9 potential, its up to him, if he keep playing well, Torts will reward him.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
very impressed with Archibald, but Sestito is a useful goon for some regular season games.

Archibald has top 9 potential, its up to him, if he keep playing well, Torts will reward him.

Goons aren't useful. Ever. If you can't play, you can't play.

And Sestito can't play.

Betamax*

It's a good thing that fighting isn't actually important.

I agree that its importance in the overall scheme of things is not "important" today, but given how the current rules are being enforced, I will have to admit, I'd rather have the Canucks dress a Sestito over a (not Shae) Weber when it comes to facing teams like the Leafs or Flyers and let him deal with the nonsense that those teams can bring to the table.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013

I pray three times a day towards Rogers Arena for this to happen. Sestito makes my eyes bleed when I watch him play.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Here's hoping he gains 30 more pounds and becomes our next Dustin Byfuglien.....

Betamax*

I pray three times a day towards Rogers Arena for this to happen. Sestito makes my eyes bleed when I watch him play.

I want to see how this Archie guy celebrates his first NHL goal ... Can he top Sestito's goal celebration:

The animated gif in the OP seems to indicate so ... :laugh:

Tanevian*

Goons aren't useful. Ever. If you can't play, you can't play.

And Sestito can't play.

I guess it just comes down to what you consider "can play" means. He does a job that we need to be done for many games each year.

DadBod

Sep 1, 2009
Coquitlam
I've been a huge Archi supporter the day we signed him, and followed his progression close. But the part of his game that I haven't seen in the NHL compared to junior/AHL is his grittiness. He's known to throw the body around play hard, and I haven't seen him play like that as much compared to junior/AHL

He's looked good otherwise and hasn't been a liability.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Not that everyone will all be healthy at the same time, but we will have a number crunch when players start getting back:

Sedin Sedin Kesler
Burrows Santo Higgins
Kassian Schroeder Hansen
Booth Richardson Weise
Archibald, Sestito, Dalpe, Welsh

Two most obvious candidates to go down are Archibald and Welsh, just in terms of keeping assets. But Archibald has, in my opinion, done enough (and if he carries on) to unseat Sestito.

I also believe the Canucks need to, and probably will, add another top-6 forward at some point.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Nice to see he's developing into a solid bottom 6 guy.

He's come a long way from this

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad