Also offer Gurianov and a 2nd 2020 to Vegas for Ryan Reaves

Mattias Janmark to NJD for Blake Coleman and a 3rd round pick 2020

Benn-Seguin-Radulov
Dickinson-Hintz-Pavelski
Cogliano-Faksa-Perry
Clifford-Coleman-Reaves
Comeau-Dowling

Gurianov can go to the minors
I'd be ok exploring a deal to upgrade the 3rd line C position and move Faksa even

Coleman>>>Janmark

Reaves and Clifford could both be had for a late pick I'm sure, and neither is what we need at all

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Hopefully for the fans sake Montgomery gets fired soon. He employs the boringest style of hockey, and while that system makes it easy on the defense it also neuters any excitement from the game. They have the talent on the backend and upfront to open things up a bit. Do it!

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Didn’t have them as a playoff team this year. They made is off the back of Bishop last year and nothing else. They barely scored 200 goals last year... woof.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Seems like their core is aging and they have no good young player to take it from there (is Hintz that good?)

Then they signed Perry who was declining hard with the Ducks and Pavelski who's only ever played in San Jose's system, and is now playing wing? I was sure he was a center with the Sharks

Pavelski hasn’t played center regularly since 2011.

So are we still all thinking that the Sharks letting Pavelski go to sign Karlsson was a mistake? I noticed that thread has quietly disappeared from the front page...

Pavelski and Burns were an amazing duo, but I think any Sharks fan could have told you that Pavelski would struggle without Burns and Burns would make do with other forwards.

icanconfirm

Oct 18, 2015
Antarctica
Bottom 5 team this year and for many years to come unless they can move Benn's execrable contract. Imagine giving a 30-40 point ceiling player 9.5 mil, pretty much sums up the state of the franchise.

nucksauce

Oct 30, 2013
Bottom 5 team this year and for many years to come unless they can move Benn's execrable contract. Imagine giving a 30-40 point ceiling player 9.5 mil, pretty much sums up the state of the franchise.

I think he just needs a change of scenery personally

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014

Bottom 5 is likely not happening. I said it before: They'll somehow find a way to put together a "strong finish" to end up a 11-14 finish in the draft....again.

Rinse and repeat for every following season until the toxic culture in the organization is cleansed.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
1-6-1

They looked better tonight and Perry and Gurianov were good but man this team loves finding new ways to lose and they still can't f***ing finish or generate any real scoring opportunities. Over passing and Klingberg and Benn being absolutely awful is killing them

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
The fact that Klingberg and Lindell had 25+ min of ice time tonight with Heiskanen only getting 21:21 (only 12 more seconds than Sekera) tells you everything you need to know about why the game went the way it did. Klingberg is basically worse defensively than he has been the past few years and has none of the offense he usually does to compensate. All they do is rim the puck around when they have any offensive zone time.

Reactions: Elysian

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Klingberg has been so awful to start the year. Plays close to 25 minutes a night and just 1 point and has been on the ice for a gazillion goals against. I have no idea what the hell happened to Klingberg. It can't be age but he's playing like garbage and he's playing way too many minutes to be this bad . I get why the Heiskanen-Sekera pairing can't be out 25 minutes a night ( Sekera is slow as dirt ) but play Heiskanen with someone else then he's easily the best defenseman. Lindell has at least been ok , pair him with Heiskanen while Klingberg stinks . Don't overplay Klingberg when he's obviously not helping the team but hurting it right now.

I'm also really confused how fast Jamie Benn forgot how to even make simple passes. I have not seen him stickhandle and make precise passes in ages. The f*** happened to his hands ?

Last edited:
Reactions: The Dallas Jims

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
Klingberg has always made bonehead plays, but it seems like it's happening a lot more this year, and he's not an offensive threat at all. Meanwhile, Miro actually scores a goal, but Klingberg is still wasting time on the PP...

Reactions: SourTemplePilot

POVERTY

Leafs and Marchand fan
Sep 27, 2017
Call me when they have a new coach. I was so high on this team coming into the season, looks like they're bottom feeders.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Klingberg has always made bonehead plays, but it seems like it's happening a lot more this year, and he's not an offensive threat at all. Meanwhile, Miro actually scores a goal, but Klingberg is still wasting time on the PP...

Benn also still plays on the first powerplay unit and he's just just as bad if not worse. Plays allways die on his stick and he just gets put out there over and over again. When two of the five guys on the powerplay are playing terrible no wonder they can't get anything done.

Reactions: Elysian

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
Benn also still plays on the first powerplay unit and he's just just as bad if not worse. Plays allways die on his stick and he just gets put out there over and over again. When two of the five guys on the powerplay are playing terrible no wonder they can't get anything done.
Absolutely, and Pavelski isn't even being used as net front, when that's where he's most effective. It's all so stupid. Pavelski should be on the top unit at the net front, Heiskanen should be running the point, and Benn and Klingberg can mop up on the 2nd unit.

RVACapsFan

May 31, 2018
If you put together a team with “leaders” like Benn and Seguin, you’re already in a world of trouble. Benn is washed and has the worst contract in the league, while Seguin has world class skill but doesn’t really care about winning hockey games.

Ben Bishop completely carried that team on his back last season with an insane effort; any drop off from him was going to be felt hard all around.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
If you put together a team with “leaders” like Benn and Seguin, you’re already in a world of trouble. Benn is washed and has the worst contract in the league, while Seguin has world class skill but doesn’t really care about winning hockey games.

Ben Bishop completely carried that team on his back last season with an insane effort; any drop off from him was going to be felt hard all around.

I don't get that impression from Seguin's game at all. The effort is there and always has been he's just being weighed down by Benn and lost his speed so he can't drive his own line anymore.

Reactions: gentleman scholar

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014

And i suppose you got this information from a friend of a friend who hear it from a friend who heard it from another?

RVACapsFan

May 31, 2018
And i suppose you got this information from a friend of a friend who hear it from a friend who heard it from another?
Pretty telling when he didn’t even bother testing the market and signed (at the time) a team-friendly deal nine months before he would’ve hit free agency. His rep in the league was shot after Boston dumped him, and while he’s posted good numbers in Dallas, he’s never been a guy who’s going to carry a team in the postseason. Other teams know this; Dallas knew they had to keep him to maintain their “core,” which is looking pretty sorry at the moment.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Stars will be the first team to gong their coach unless things turn around in a hurry. And it they don't this could also be Nill's last stand in the executive booth. You can't live on the avails of those Red Wing glory years forever.....Dallas has had too many failed first-round draft picks and questionable contracts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad