The Dallas Stars are stacked up front

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
I got a kick out of the op claiming pavelski was one of the best snipers this generation. This is what happens when you stat watch and don't see the games.

To be fair, even if you were a decent stat watcher would have assumed a 34 year old who shot at a career high shooting percentage wouldn't have been able to sustain it. Especially considering the previous system he scored was focused on shooting from the point and looking for a redirect.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Benn-Seguin-Pavelski (I expect this to be one of the best top lines this season, 140+ goals easy between these 3 and all 3 players being PPG as long as they all stay healthy).

Never forget. The dynamic trio now sits at a combined 30 goals through 45 games. Can they hit 140?

In all seriousness, Dallas has had quite a well balanced attack this year and their defense has been consistently phenomenal. Imagine if these 3 were living up to the bill!

Reactions: bh53

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
it's perhaps a bit like St.Louis last year. They added players, notably O'Reilly and at first played really badly. But, once everyone starting to gel, they got red hot late in the season and of course went all the way. Could be Dallas' year

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
Made it to conference finals

Sure but the actual meat of the OPs thread is way off. His top line prediction didn't come close and he suggested Corey Perry could get back to Hart form... that second one didn't age poorly it was just an insane take. The Stars are a good and deep team I wouldn't call them stacked up front, Seguin led the team with 50 points, no one else broke 40.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Sure but the actual meat of the OPs thread is way off. His top line prediction didn't come close and he suggested Corey Perry could get back to Hart form... that second one didn't age poorly it was just an insane take. The Stars are a good and deep team I wouldn't call them stacked up front, Seguin led the team with 50 points, no one else broke 40.

I guess some of us are getting old but there was a time that

Jamie Benn
Corey Perry
Tyler Seguin
Joe Pavelski
Alex Radulov

being on the same team would be like an All-Star Game lineup

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
I guess some of us are getting old but there was a time that

Jamie Benn
Corey Perry
Tyler Seguin
Joe Pavelski
Alex Radulov

being on the same team would be like an All-Star Game lineup

Haha yeah, they've certainly got name recognition. One of the main reasons I'm pulling for them, it'd be cool to see that group of veterans get a cup... I know no one wants to see that for Perry but if it helps he's the only one who already has one. And I've always loved Benn.

Reactions: Faterson

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Lol. The difference maker is clearly Heiskanen. 21 points in 16 games and force defensively.

I appreciate the OPs gusto, but Dallas is not winning due to the reasons he predicted.

Their washed up top line is going to be the killer which is sad.

Out of these 4 teams I want Dallas to win but with your franchise guys just skating around it won't be possible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad