The Dallas Eakins meme thread

CanadianSuperPromise

Aug 21, 2012
Right. Some five-year-old teases another five-year-old about her famous dad and we should all feel ashamed to be fans of the club. Because the schoolyard behaviour of kindergarteners reflects poorly on all of us. Got it. :shakehead

My embarrassment was exaggerated. But it's not just 5 year olds, Eakin's claimed that he's being heckled at by some adult fans at places like the gas station. Which is embarrassing as a fan.

NAF

Beauty Fakes
Sep 30, 2010
My embarrassment was exaggerated. But it's not just 5 year olds, Eakin's claimed that he's being heckled at by some adult fans at places like the gas station. Which is embarrassing as a fan.

Man, some fans are so tribal. I'm not gonna take on any responsibility or feel embarrassment for anyone's actions but my own, thanks. It doesn't reflect badly on me if some meathead who happens to be wearing the same hat as I am decides to heckle the coach.

The Joker*

Can anyone make out what he's saying?

0KzX1CP.gif

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Man, some fans are so tribal. I'm not gonna take on any responsibility or feel embarrassment for anyone's actions but my own, thanks. It doesn't reflect badly on me if some meathead who happens to be wearing the same hat as I am decides to heckle the coach.

Exactly. It's not my issue, and it's not even media-worthy.

In fact, it's odd that this lazy media story is rolled out whenever the team stinks. Roloson and his kid in 2007. Penner a couple years later. Booing (oh dear me, Mr. Hall!) at the end of the 2nd against New Jersey this year. I'm sure I'm missing a few examples. All of a sudden the fans are stereotyped as snarling wolverines. The team's dismal performance is forgotten.

Welcome to the world of sports entertainment.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
"Gimme a ****in' break." ??

Can't possibly be that. The Oilers had about 1o players on the ice when the call was made. One of the worst line changes I'd seen.

It would be something directed at the team, not the refs in that particular instance as the call was certainly justified.

NAF

Beauty Fakes
Sep 30, 2010
Can't possibly be that. The Oilers had about 1o players on the ice when the call was made. One of the worst line changes I'd seen.

It would be something directed at the team, not the refs in that particular instance as the call was certainly justified.

Ha! Thanks. I didn't know the context. In that case, "Jesus ****ing Christ" looks about right. :laugh:

NAF

Beauty Fakes
Sep 30, 2010
Maybe he wanted a kit kat?

Slightly off topic, but, with the state of the club at the moment, who gives a rip: has anyone else noticed that Kit-Kat has changed up its recipe? It used to be a couple of nice wafers covered in milk chocolate. I pinched a bar from our candy bowl on Thursday, though, and now the whole thing is chocolate. I mean, there's a center to it in which the chocolate has been treated to some no-doubt-horrifying chemical hydrolizing process until it kind if mimics the consistency of a wafer, but really it's just gross chocolate throughout. Wutdafuqisupwitdat, Kit-Kat?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad