the Czechs

Status
Not open for further replies.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I dont know if its just me or not but does anyone else feel like this is the Czechs year to win gold?

It seems like every Czech player in the nhl is haveing a better year this year then the last nhl season that was played.

Jagr, Hasek, Rucinsky, Prospal, Hemsky, Hejduk, Vrbata, Straka, Vokoun, Prucha, Zidlicky, Hamrlik, both Kaberle's and the list goes on and on. The only major player that I can think off that isnt haveing his best season is Kubina. Oh yeah and Bonk but everyone knew once he lost marian he wasnt going to score anyways

I think the rest of the world should be very relieved that Havlat will be out and Elias wont be at the top of is game because if they were oh man look out. They have the best player in the world and the two best goalies.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Do you think Kotalik has a shot to make the team? Recently their team's GM was scouting him at sabre games. I am not too familiar with there roster options.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
arrbez said:
Crosby > Ovechkin > Czech Republic

Advantage: Canada

So easily foiled.

Dam nit!!!

Kotalik is haveing a whale of a season I think it will be hard to keep him off that team. But ya never know.

They are short on centermen actually, both Nedved and Holik are ineligible to play for the team even though they were both born in the Czech republic.

The thirteen forwards will likely be made out of these guys.

Jagr
Straka
Rucinsky
Dvorak
Lang
Erat
Sykora
Elias
Prucha
Kotalik
Prospal
Hemsky
Hejduk
Cajanek
Vasicek
Vrbata
Michelak
Varada
Vyborny
Hlavac
Olesz
Bulis
Hrdina
Stefan
Plekanec
Bonk

Thats all i got off the top of my head if I forgot anyone let me know.

on d they have got

Zidlicky
Hamrlik
Kubina
T.Kaberle
F.Kaberle
Slegr
Spacek
Modry
Havelid
Kuba
Krajicek
Michelak
Skoula
Malik
Klesla

(to bad about Fischer they could use some muscle back there)

the goaltending isnt to hard to figure out

Hasek
Vokoun

then whoever
Prusek
Turek
Cechmanek

teme

Feb 28, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
Nothing but respect for Canada, but I think the Czechs were the best team in World Cup even if they didn't win, they did win the WCs, and they are the favourite going into Torino as far as I am concerned.

Macman

May 15, 2004
The Czechs have a lot of firepower, no doubt, but the IIHF is saying they want the Olympics officiated the way the NHL is now, with zero tolerance for obstruction. If it happens, it could hurt the Czechs more than anyone else because they use the trap and obstruction like nobody else in international hockey.

Macman

May 15, 2004
teme said:
Nothing but respect for Canada, but I think the Czechs were the best team in World Cup even if they didn't win, they did win the WCs, and they are the favourite going into Torino as far as I am concerned.

A team that went 2-and-3 was better than one that went 6-and-0 and won the gold? That's a bit of a stretch, I think.

espo*

Macman said:
A team that went 2-and-3 was better than one that went 6-and-0 and won the gold? That's a bit of a stretch, I think.
That's for sure,way too streaky to be considered the best team in that tournament.Their semi-final LOSS has taken on mythical proportions to people not in the know around here.Third best team at the world cup behind Canada and Finland,no question.

Henne

Jun 23, 2005
the Czechs are ridiculously good. They and Canada are the clear favorites imo.

Mr Kanadensisk

May 13, 2005
Right now I might give the Czech's a slight advantage in goal, but it ends there.
At no point in the 2004 WCH did Team Canada even trail during a game.
If the Czech's can't play their defensive trapping style in Turin they could be in trouble.

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
About Vyborny:

Hes good on big ice and has vast international experience but in the NHL he aint just as good. Same with Spacek.

David Singleton

Jun 23, 2005
Dickson, TN
Mr Kanadensisk said:
Right now I might give the Czech's a slight advantage in goal, but it ends there.
At no point in the 2004 WCH did Team Canada even trail during a game.
If the Czech's can't play their defensive trapping style in Turin they could be in trouble.

I'll agree with you if Turco is in net for Canada. Otherwise, I think Canada is in trouble. Brodeur and Luongo have not played like Brodeur and Luongo this year and until they do (which they might), they are far behind Turco, Hasek and Vokoun.

That said, I don't think anyone has the guts to sit either Brodeur or Luongo- even if they lose.

David

Transported Upstater

drsingle said:
I'll agree with you if Turco is in net for Canada. Otherwise, I think Canada is in trouble.

That's pretty hilarious :biglaugh:

David Singleton

Jun 23, 2005
Dickson, TN
TransportedUpstater said:
That's pretty hilarious :biglaugh:

What's so damned funny about it? Seems to me that the Canadians have enough players to field three gold medal teams- except one of those teams got beat in the World Championships.

:dunno:

Bajahobo

Aug 2, 2005
TN
The Czechs outplayed the Canadians in both major tournaments last go around.

I think with the injuries to Havlat and Elias, the Swedes have a better team then them this go around, but you can't count them out with Vokoun and Hasek, and a rejuvenated Jagr.

BlueAndWhite

Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Bajahobo said:
The Czechs outplayed the Canadians in both major tournaments last go around.

I think with the injuries to Havlat and Elias, the Swedes have a better team then them this go around, but you can't count them out with Vokoun and Hasek, and a rejuvenated Jagr.

1.) Everyone mentions Vokoun AND Hasek. You can only play one goalie at a time. I understand that they are both outstanding goalies but it's not akin to mentioning the Russians being led by "Ovechkin and Kovalchuk" or Sweden with "Lidstrom and Ohlund".

2.) A team that went 2-3 outplayed a team that won the entire thing with a perfect record ?

Bajahobo

Aug 2, 2005
TN
BlueAndWhite said:
1.) Everyone mentions Vokoun AND Hasek. You can only play one goalie at a time. I understand that they are both outstanding goalies but it's not akin to mentioning the Russians being led by "Ovechkin and Kovalchuk" or Sweden with "Lidstrom and Ohlund".

2.) A team that went 2-3 outplayed a team that won the entire thing with a perfect record ?

1) I mention them both because we don't know who is going to start

2) I didn't mean over the tournament, I meant in their head to head matchups, the Czechs were the better squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->