Speculation: The Curse of the Rick

DarkHorse

Go Banana!
Jul 15, 2003
So...all the talk of bad luck from Stan and Peter got me thinking...what if we really are cursed? What if DiPietro had been some sort of weird talisman that absorbed all our bad luck, ruining his career, but once he was gone, it was all released back into the franchise?

Nah, we just have terrible management. But...

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
So...all the talk of bad luck from Stan and Peter got me thinking...what if we really are cursed? What if DiPietro had been some sort of weird talisman that absorbed all our bad luck, ruining his career, but once he was gone, it was all released back into the franchise?

Just wait until all of the bounces go our way.

JetsMetsIsles

Nov 20, 2009

We were awful before Rick. During Rick.. And after Rick. If there is a talisman its been buried under the Coliseum for a long time.

original islander

Oct 12, 2011
More likely a curse involving Billy Harris (as you can tell by my avatar my favorite player). There are two versions of the curse the first, the first was the Curse of 15 which took place in 1977 when he scored the OT goal forcing a Game 6 with Montreal. There's a you tube highlight of the goal and the overtime. Harris, Lewis and Chico were the main heroes and their Islanders careers were star-crossed after.
The second is the Billy Harris Hex which allegedly occurred in 1983-1984 when Torrey didn't bring him back when he was available in our drive for five.
I feel like Stan Fischler when I get to talk history here.

bigtim1988

YES! YES! YES! YES!
Jun 7, 2009
long island
We drafted Rick in 2000. 1993 was our last playoff series win. It's karma biting us big time due to the dynasty.

this is pretty much my thinking as well. "ok islanders, you can have the dynasty, and it will be remembered as one of the best in the sport, but afterwords you will have 30 years of torture in front of you"

JohnTonelliRises

Tonelli Approves↑
Sep 29, 2006
Connecticut
Has anyone bothered to look at the scores of inept owners and management that have scarred this team over the years since?

It's been an abject failure by almost every measure.

Dutch Frost

Battle Level
Mar 12, 2010
Queens, NY
I dont believe in fairy tails but I do believe that Rick Dipietro has no business with this organization ever again!

if I see him anywhere in the front office it will mean we are in the dark ages and Wang is going nowhere!

No other owner would have him around.. NONE!

Rick should/could go to russia and play hockey there and live off his buy out. I dont care what he does as long as he stays away from the Islanders.

Bexlyspeed

May 21, 2011
Astoria, Queens, N.Y
things started to sour first with Bossy's injury, although he didnt plan on playing much longer anyway.

also out great drafting well went dry.

david Chykzowsi anyone?!?!?!?!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad