The Curse of Pageau

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
Sven Andrighetto - come on down because you're our guy, too.

We had very little interest in Subban, plus we could of traded Kristo for a pick that would of netted him.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Much like a couple of years ago when the Senators selected Pageau one pick before Montreal in the fourth round, the Habs' scouting staff had an eerie sense of deja vu on Sunday.

They watched intently as club after club passed on Subban, only to see the team right before them select PK's brother. Needless to say, there was some disappointment.

"He was our guy!" exclaimed Timmins the day after the draft when i asked him if they were considering taking Subban in the fourth. "Just like Pageau two years ago."

It would have made for a great story on Sunday. Too bad it didn't come to fruition.

When getting close make a little deal to move up 5-10 slots

missthenet

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
Much like a couple of years ago when the Senators selected Pageau one pick before Montreal in the fourth round, the Habs' scouting staff had an eerie sense of deja vu on Sunday.

They watched intently as club after club passed on Subban, only to see the team right before them select PK's brother. Needless to say, there was some disappointment.

"He was our guy!" exclaimed Timmins the day after the draft when i asked him if they were considering taking Subban in the fourth. "Just like Pageau two years ago."

It would have made for a great story on Sunday. Too bad it didn't come to fruition.

or when the habs drafted Tinordi, the Canucks wanted him and we selected him just before their turn to draft.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I didn't want MTL to draft subban before late 3rd or 4 th round pick, but seeing who they took with 71th I can see why they didn't pick subban even if it is just to please PK and is familly (Might of help with the contract negotiation)... Crisp would of been available in the 4th, Even if he wasn't he we wouldn't of lose very much...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad