News Article: The Curse of #64!

Starbuds

You like muscles?
Mar 28, 2010
Interesting article. Had to laugh at "Amusement Park operator in the Eastern States." You can't make that up.

workedforme

Oct 20, 2006
There's some pretty damning info in that article, but I suspect in 30 or 40 years once our current boysclub are all dead or retired we will hear far worse things the events in that article. I'd go as far to say the Lowe-Comrie debacle is still the lowepoint of this organizations history, and all we've done to change that is promote that POS, for all we know he's done worse things since then. This organization is such a joke:cry:

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
I remember that interview, best part of it was when Glenn Anderson came on after him and said Sather treated the dynasty Oiler players exactly the same.

A talented, but exceptionally sensitive person with virtually no self-awareness. I'd say the franchise's regret in drafting him is nothing in comparison to his own personal regret in how things turned out for himself, but even in that interview you could tell he still hasn't developed the introspection to get past the "Glen Sather was mean to me" story.

M Ace

Apr 12, 2010
Orebro, Sweden
Just another interesting thing;

Yak had a great first season as an Oiler wearing #64. Scoring 17 goals in a shortened season.

So did Jay-B with #64. Scoring a goal in his only game that season as an Oiler. :D

Gret99zky

Worst Thread Ever
May 5, 2007
Gamma Quadrant
Not a curse.

Just a sophomore slump.

He will eventually shake it.

Just do what Oiler fans always do.

Wait.

Or spread trade rumours. ;)

M Ace

Apr 12, 2010
Orebro, Sweden
Oddly enough jb was traded to the bolts, unless you did that on purpose lol

Yes, and we got a young upcoming #1-2 Dman for him in Roman Hamrlik in a package deal with another bust Steve "Lighning Jack" Kelly and Bryan "I scout for Sharks" Marchment.

Maybe the good omen with the curse of #64 is Drew Doughty is coming for Nick Schultz, Yak and Gagner (a deal similar to the one with Tampa):handclap:

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
This is ancient news. Just like Jason Bonsignore.

"There were a lot of things that I needed to learn and it just, for a stretch there, they had me going to the rink at 5:30 in the morning, alone for an hour, an hour-and-a-half with the strength and conditioning coach, just getting skated into the ground. And they’d put 300 pucks out in front of the net and I would shoot 300 pucks, then go into the corner and hit the heavy bag after every shot and then get wind sprinted for 45 minutes straight as a 19 year old kid by yourself."

Oh boo hoo Jason ... the team wanted you to get your game together and get the **** in shape. Pro athletes get outrageous compensation for playing a game. If you aren't playing the game correctly (or worse aren't in the shape required to play the game correctly) then you need to be instructed on the fundamentals. We have a lot of players on this current Oiler team who need help with the fundamentals.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
This is ancient news. Just like Jason Bonsignore.

"There were a lot of things that I needed to learn and it just, for a stretch there, they had me going to the rink at 5:30 in the morning, alone for an hour, an hour-and-a-half with the strength and conditioning coach, just getting skated into the ground. And they’d put 300 pucks out in front of the net and I would shoot 300 pucks, then go into the corner and hit the heavy bag after every shot and then get wind sprinted for 45 minutes straight as a 19 year old kid by yourself."

Oh boo hoo Jason ... the team wanted you to get your game together and get the **** in shape. Pro athletes get outrageous compensation for playing a game. If you aren't playing the game correctly (or worse aren't in the shape required to play the game correctly) then you need to be instructed on the fundamentals. We have a lot of players on this current Oiler team who need help with the fundamentals.

Yep

The guy is simply clueless.

Imagine Hall/Eberle/RNH were scratched during the lockout down in the AHL for poor play, and one of the upper management pressed them for why they thought they weren't in the line up, and you got a response like this - "no I don’t. I really don’t understand what’s going on. You’re scouts said that I played well the last time, I was the second leading scorer on the team this year"

They'd be on the first flight out of Edmonton.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad