The CrosbyShow in Rimouski tonight (retired jersey 87)

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
Hi.
I am from Montreal. This week everybody in our province talks about the event of tonight (Rimouski Oceanic will retired his number 87) in Rimouski (Quebec).

Sidney will be in Rimouski tonight and will deliver a speech in French. Everybody loves the player obviously but also the man.

Guy Boucher (former coach of Tampa and Ottawa) was the assistant coach in Rimouski (junior) in 2003 to 2005. He gave an interview in French 2 days ago and everybody loved that interview. He talked about Sid's personnality at 16 years old. He said that he has never met an athlete like Crosby. At 16 he said, I talked to him and it was like I talked to a 30 years old man.

He said that Crosby trained since he was 9 years old, all summer long 2-3 times a day..

Also one day in Rimousky..Crosby was driving his car (17 at the time) and saw thousands of people all around the arena waiting in line in a cold day of March...
Crosby asked : What are they waiting for....and Boucher explained him that people waited for tickets sale for the upcoming playoffs.

Then Crosby decided to goTim hortons and purchased hundreds of Coffee , Donuts etc..packed it in his car and did many trips to the arena and gave that to the fans...shook their hands and thanked them to be there for the team .

The event of tonight will be broadcast live on RDS (French Sports channel in French).

Interview in French of Boucher about Crosby's unique personnality (amazing interview)

https://www.rds.ca/videos/hockey/lnh/lnh-guy-boucher-nous-raconte-sidney-crosby-on-jase-3.1337004

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Hi.
I am from Montreal. This week everybody in our province talks about the event of tonight (Rimouski Oceanic will retired his number 87) in Rimouski (Quebec).

Sidney will be in Rimouski tonight and will deliver a speech in French. Everybody loves the player obviously but also the man.

Guy Boucher (former coach of Tampa and Ottawa) was the assistant coach in Rimouski (junior) in 2003 to 2005. He gave an interview in French 2 days ago and everybody loved that interview. He talked about Sid's personnality at 16 years old. He said that he has never met an athlete like Crosby. At 16 he said, I talked to him and it was like I talked to a 30 years old man.

He said that Crosby trained since he was 9 years old, all summer long 2-3 times a day..

Also one day in Rimousky..Crosby was driving his car (17 at the time) and saw thousands of people all around the arena waiting in line in a cold day of March...
Crosby asked : What are they waiting for....and Boucher explained him that people waited for tickets sale for the upcoming playoffs.

Then Crosby decided to goTim hortons and purchased hundreds of Coffee , Donuts etc..packed it in his car and did many trips to the arena and gave that to the fans...shook their hands and thanked them to be there for the team .

The event of tonight will be broadcast live on RDS (French Sports channel in French).

Interview in French of Boucher about Crosby's unique personnality (amazing interview)

https://www.rds.ca/videos/hockey/lnh/lnh-guy-boucher-nous-raconte-sidney-crosby-on-jase-3.1337004
This is main boards worthy IMO

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
Pittsburgh is really lucky to have Crosby, not just for his contributions to the team, but because he's a great role model. He has as bright a spotlight shining on him as any athlete in the city and for a decade and a half he's stayed positive through adversity, scandal-free, and the more we learn about what he does when he's not playing, the better of a person he seems to be. I think a lot of kids look up to him, and he sets a great example of how to act like a professional and use money/influence to do good. He's been way more than just a sports hero, for sure.

Obviously he's not the only athlete who's a positive role model, but I think he's proven to be one of the best out there.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Watching a stream at the "opposite of off" and the game we talk about, no spaces.

Q commish said they are retiring his #87 league wide at the start of the '21 season i believe he said?
Gave him a cool portrait that had Mario dead center then Sid, Luongo, Lecavalier or Richards and one other guy.

Sid's speaking now...

ETA: Sid's actually tearing up. The dude loves this place and the people there.
Eric Neilson, his best buddy/roommate almost teared up as well.
Said usually the older guy teaches the younger brother but Sid taught him alot and said it was a testament to how he was raised by Trina and Troy.

His gal is there with 'em, sister and parents of course.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Watching a stream at the "opposite of off" and the game we talk about, no spaces.

Q commish said they are retiring his #87 league wide at the start of the '21 season i believe he said?
Gave him a cool portrait that had Mario dead center then Sid, Luongo, Lecavalier or Richards and one other guy.

Sid's speaking now...

ETA: Sid's actually tearing up. The dude loves this place and the people there.

Eric Nielsen was the highlight so far.

Reactions: OGBobbyFarnham

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Here's some pic grabs:

The banner:

cc85175b683531bb4063df229445d53b.png

Proof i wasn't lying(heh):

bf8738f1584316efec1a2696db5e11bc.png

And a group pic with everyone(not my best, sorry. Sid's gal on far right, his sis(Taylor) next to her:

8c7c31d615d5cd949863b53df1d788f2.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad