The Crosby Trend

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
So I have been reading old threads from as far back as is recorded, and i have noticed a trend. People doubting crosby, and crosby surprising people. Every level he has played so far, there have been a few posters who said he would flop due to the fact that he was too small and too young. Then there were posters that thought he would do well.

Then several months later, every other thread is about how crosby has surprised and has surpassed expectations. This happened as he was playing midget AAA (though is not recorded thoroughly), before he entered the lhjmq, during his 16 year old World Junior tryouts,and has now begun in the NHL.

At every level the hype was high on him, and people said he was overhyped, but then he proved to be the real deal. Is this Crosby Trend going to continue as he continues to play in the NHL?

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
usiel said:
I'm must say you much too free time on your hands. Just say, "No!".

That's exactly the first thing that crossed my mind. ''dude, you have way too much free time on hands''

About the topic, I never tought that he will underachieve. He will still keep surprising people.

AgentNaslund*

well just tell yourselfs, what ever Crosby does, Kessel wont be able to do.

Lionel Hutz

Apr 13, 2004
Locking the Lounge??
I find an even stronger crosby trend on these boards. A poster starts a thread somehow related to either Ovechkin or Crosby. Sometimes the thread is related to both, possibly even a direct comparison - however this has little effect on the outcome, it can be a thread related to a very specific aspect of one prospect's promise. The same 4 or 5 Ovechkin fans denegrade Crosby while the same 4 or 5 Crosby fans denegrade Ovechkin. The thread goes on until it gets locked. Then another thread begins.

But yes, I do agree that it seems that everyone likes to say, he won't succeed at the next level. Up until a couple of months ago, many people were saying he dominated against boys and wouldn't be able to do it against men.

When all is said and done, no matter how good Crosby turns out to be, he will still have his detractors. Mario and Gretz still have detractors, so will Crosby.

Hooter

Apr 27, 2005
hockeyman28 said:
So I have been reading old threads from as far back as is recorded, and i have noticed a trend. People doubting crosby, and crosby surprising people. Every level he has played so far, there have been a few posters who said he would flop due to the fact that he was too small and too young. Then there were posters that thought he would do well.

Then several months later, every other thread is about how crosby has surprised and has surpassed expectations. This happened as he was playing midget AAA (though is not recorded thoroughly), before he entered the lhjmq, during his 16 year old World Junior tryouts,and has now begun in the NHL.

At every level the hype was high on him, and people said he was overhyped, but then he proved to be the real deal. Is this Crosby Trend going to continue as he continues to play in the NHL?

Your observations are correct.

Transported Upstater

AgentNaslund said:
well just tell yourselfs, what ever Crosby does, Kessel wont be able to do.

Even though that's true IMO, it sounds inflammatory. :dunno:

Hooter

Apr 27, 2005
Speaking of trends, Crosby with another shootout goal tonight, and another copy job. Yes, this time he copied Domi, Domi went 5-hole to score on a shootout in the preseason, clearly Crosby is at it again with his copying ways.

Rebecca

Nov 1, 2005
Ptbo
Hooter said:
Speaking of trends, Crosby with another shootout goal tonight, and another copy job. Yes, this time he copied Domi, Domi went 5-hole to score on a shootout in the preseason, clearly Crosby is at it again with his copying ways.
Hee!

That rat *******.

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
Hooter said:
Hee hee, there are many comics in here.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Hooter said:

That drew out a smile out of me :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->