GDT: The Coyotes Preseason Game 9/18 vs Kings That Never Happened

coyotesfan

Jul 12, 2007
Yes I saw people saying similar things on twitter and now the game is cancelled. Just funny Coyotes dont say anything but Kings are playing scrimmage game instead.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Kay......

Is this cause what was said in the camp thread about:

?

Absolutely, I was told this morning that they need to put another new sheet in. When a chiller goes and the ice starts to melt, the paint "floats" and once that happens, it's over. It's not only damaging cosmetically, but the paint is abrasive and slows the ice down, dulls skates.
The interesting thing is that the team has been saying that there has been a problem and the COG has been ignoring it. Does anyone happen to remember if repairs/improvements like this were the team's responsibility in the original lease, that was cancelled?
The big issue is that the chillers need to be to NHL standard and capable of getting the team through the season.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Hope they are able to get it all situated before the Sharks game though, was looking to go to that one.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Absolutely, I was told this morning that they need to put another new sheet in. When a chiller goes and the ice starts to melt, the paint "floats" and once that happens, it's over. It's not only damaging cosmetically, but the paint is abrasive and slows the ice down, dulls skates.
The interesting thing is that the team has been saying that there has been a problem and the COG has been ignoring it. Does anyone happen to remember if repairs/improvements like this were the team's responsibility in the original lease, that was cancelled?
The big issue is that the chillers need to be to NHL standard and capable of getting the team through the season.

Depending on who you want to believe...... Glendale had budgeted $18k for repairs during IA's last year as arena manager and none of that money was spent. AEG took over and asked Glendale before last season for nearly $2 million to upgrade things and of which $50k was for the repairs to the existing cooling towers and purchasing a backup unit. Whether or not those repairs were done is unknown but a faulty relay could be something completely separate from all that.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Too bad the Sundogs didn't survive, that would have been a good place to move it. Free game for the locals and anyone else who wants to drive up there.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
My biggest concern is the poor management in this situation. Ice temps should be checked hourly. I was told today that they discovered the problem as they were removing the floor from the concert. If they had been checking the temps hourly (as per the norm) they would have known there was a problem earlier and been able to try and diagnose said problem.

Perhaps it's all by design - to get the COG to step up for repair costs? That would be quite the conspiracy.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
We should add the "GDT" tag to this thread as a joke. Make it happen Sniper/TL!

I know nothing!!!!

latest

Reactions: Lady Macbeth

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
I was looking forward to this game, as it's one of few happening on my crap day's off, and it's been a while.

My prediction for this game that never was:

Yotles 4 - Kongs 2

Duclair 3p's 1G/2A
POJ 2p's 1G/1A, 2 blocked shots and 2 hits
Hjalmarsonn 2 p 1G/1A
Strome 2p 0G/2A, wins 51% of FO
Keller 3p 1G/2A

Me - 2 beers and a new practice sweater

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad