The Coyotes have been eliminated. Now what?

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
The only thing I'm scared of with contracts is NTC/NMC. That's the big gamble and worry, not the term or the cost, and that's what hamstrung us with Smith and Ribeiro. It may even end up being an issue with Goligoski and Demers, depending on their health and production.
Yeah NMC is a big deal, but I'd say term and cost can be a big deal too, especially for a budget team. 4 isn't enough to kill us though, and if we're sold on Kuemper being a high level backup that takes some risk away as well. I'm not quite sold on Kuemper yet, but Chayka must have been tough give him that deal.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
The "Tragic Number" has hit zero. There will be no Whiteout in Glendale for 2018. Consider this the "unofficial" premature off-season speculation thread. What should the Desert Dogs do to make the 2018-19 season better?

Did you truly believe this team had a shot at the playoffs this season?

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Overdrive on TSN today had Craig Button once again praising how the Coyotes have played 2nd half of season and future potential with Jeff O'Neill telling a funny Verbata story. Basically early in career Verbata comes off the ice early in warm-up and starts getting undressed. Jeff asks what he doing and he answers that he's feeling a little congested so he isn't playing. O'Neill was gobsmacked that an NHL player would skip a game with the sniffles.

Reactions: CC96

Antonche

Jan 13, 2015
Russia, Siberia.
If AZ will win lottery - Dahlin
2nd - Svechnikov
3rd - Tkachuk
4th and lower - trading pick for RHD with shot. (Myers, Hamilton, Manson)
If this unreal - try to sign Carlson. 2nd option Folin.
Try to get one of Pacioretty or JVR and drop Panik to 3rd line.
Sign Raanta 3-4M on 3-4 years.
Extend OEL 8-8,5M on 8.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
If AZ will win lottery - Dahlin
2nd - Svechnikov
3rd - Tkachuk
4th and lower - trading pick for RHD with shot. (Myers, Hamilton, Manson)
If this unreal - try to sign Carlson. 2nd option Folin.
Try to get one of Pacioretty or JVR and drop Panik to 3rd line.
Sign Raanta 3-4M on 3-4 years.
Extend OEL 8-8,5M on 8.
I like Zadina better than Tkachuk.

Trading a top 10 pick for Tyler Myers is insanity.

Pacioretty and JvR should be the last thing this team tries to acquire. Both will be complete budget boat anchors in three years. They’ll stay that way for another four or five afterwards. Both are definitely going to be looked at like Bobby Ryan is in a couple of years. Teams are going to have to pay a lot of money and/or assets to get out from under JvR and Patches in a fee years.

Reactions: Jakey53

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Amazing what can change in a few weeks. The fist page of this thread is dripping with skepticism about Strome.

So relieved that he got this opportunity to show everyone what he does. The summer doesn't have to be spent debating if he can play in the NHL.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
So with our point tonight, we tied last seasons point total with a game in hand.

20-13-7 in 2018:
2.83GF/GP 2.58GA/GP 29.7SF/GP 32.6SA/GP

Last year, 2016-17:
2.33GF/GP 3.15GA/GP 27.8SF/GP 34.4SA/GP

This season 2017-18:
2.54GF/GP 3.06GA/GP 29.9SF/GP 32.2SA/GP

Given the absolutely horrid first 20, I'm pretty impressed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->