The COVID Impact on Fantasy

Pasha71

Dec 30, 2017
So far, it's been a wild ride. Can't just set up your lineup in the morning. Gotta check every hour or so whether another game has been postponed or another player (like Ovechkin and other Caps) has been somewhat covidiotic...

Worse, one game has already been moved to May 10, and I am pretty sure there will be more and more. Meanwhile, the last fantasy week on Yahoo ends on May 8. Will it be extended? This will have quite an impact on, you know, the playoff finals.

I know, I know, it's way better than no hockey at all...

Rant over.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
I would assume Yahoo will extend to another week to include that week of May 10 which will all be postponed games. The question for me is whether we will be able to tack on that week to the current last week ending May 8, as that is Finals week. It'd be good to make that a two week Finals, otherwise I just won't include it in my league.

Pasha71

Dec 30, 2017
I am kinda hoping that's why they made the last week a six-day period (May 3-8) rather than a two-week one (as they normally do). Maybe they realized they'd have to eventually extend it into something like May 3-16. Of course, that would give quite an advantage to players whose teams' games are being postponed right now...

Spivey

Sep 21, 2019
I am kinda hoping that's why they made the last week a six-day period (May 3-8) rather than a two-week one (as they normally do). Maybe they realized they'd have to eventually extend it into something like May 3-16. Of course, that would give quite an advantage to players whose teams' games are being postponed right now...

Save up your waiver budget...

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
I think h2h leagues should have changed to no playoffs this season , just best h2h regular season record wins .

if commishes tack on the extra days after may 8th to the finals it will open up some potential crappy situations where some teams are at an advantage to win because they have a few teams playing beyond may 8 while others wont .

I realize said fantasy teams were without players from covid affected teams during the regular season so they may feel its their right to get those games back . Maybe by late april there will be enough teams playing beyond may 8th to make up for lost games that things could even out .

Reactions: Paul4587

Pasha71

Dec 30, 2017
The uneven schedule is always the scourge of fantasy leagues (for example, today, there is only one real game is going to played), but of course it will be quite exacerbated in the playoffs. One of my leagues actually has playoffs during real Stanley Cup playoffs, so it won't be an issue.

Pasha71

Dec 30, 2017
Now, there is one good thing. Some of the games are being moved to light days, like STL-ARI to this Friday. That makes light days less light, which is wonderful. Light days are a nightmare for any league with daily roster changes, because that results in a lot of advantage caused by luck only.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad