The COVID-19 MLB outbreak thread (too many to list in title)

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
You can see the stadium from the windows in center iirc. I'm sure the Letterkenny boys around here can confirm.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Multiple Red Sox players tested positive for COVID-19 - The Boston Globe

The Red Sox had multiple players test positive for COVID-19 this week, and those players were not allowed to take part in Friday’s workout at Fenway Park.

Citing instructions from Major League Baseball, the team would not identify the players or specify how many tested positive.

“We didn’t have everybody come in,” manager Ron Roenicke said. “We do have some positive tests. I won’t be able to give you names on these players.”

Another player, lefthander Eduardo Rodriguez, remains home in Florida after being exposed to a person who was ill.

“He wanted to make sure he was fine,” Roenicke said. “We have tested him. We don’t have the results back yet. When we get those results, obviously you’ll know. Eddie was fine with me telling you that.”

Roenicke further said he doesn’t want reporters to ask about testing.

“If somebody tests positive as we go through this training camp, we’ll try to let you know,” he said. “But I don’t want to talk about this every day.”

Roenicke also said some players may have to be held out a day after being tested, and he doesn’t want that to become a topic.

“It’s going to come up every day,” said the manager. “We’re tested all the time. It’ll be a little cleaner I think if we just leave it this way. If something does come through camp, I’ll let you guys know.”

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Getting it 3 weeks before the season starts all at the same time almost sounds like a giant 'pox party'.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
That may be the end of King Felix's career.

It continues:

One result stems from Wednesday’s mandatory intake screening. Three more had previously tested positive within the past two weeks and have been in self-quarantine.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Mlb owns the testing lab. There's literally 0 reasons why there should be issues with this.

As bad as Selig was, Manfred has to be the worst commish in all of major sports.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->