News Article: The (couple weeks away) return of Andrej Sekera

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Idk how he can come back and be more than a bottom pair guy. Having 2 major injuries b2b at his age is not a good sign.

But, hopefully he can come back and play well.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Wouldn't that be a great surprise if he comes in and plays solid. It would feel like getting a good ufa d man halfway through the season. Hoping for the best in his return, I know many ate skeptical though.
I eat skeptics all the time so I'm not worried.

(couldn't resist, sorry)

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I hope he can have a conditioning stint, get used to playing and how his lower body feels (basically), if you can get him back and he's mostly effective, that would be a dynamic change to the team.

Reactions: Burnoutboi

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Wouldn't that be a great surprise if he comes in and plays solid. It would feel like getting a good ufa d man halfway through the season. Hoping for the best in his return, I know many ate skeptical though.

Yes, for sure. It would also be great if the Victorias Secret models all decided that they liked me better than their current significant others.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
A fully healthy blueline for this team might look like

Klefbom - Larsson
Nurse - Russell/Sekera
Sekera/Russell - Benning
Gravel

That's pretty good honestly

Would be the best group we've had in years. Still is lacking that true #1, but you can feel confident with all of them being 15-20 minutes a game (except sometimes Benning). Of course this assumes Sekera hasn't permanently turned into a number 8.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Put him on a conditioning stint or something before he plays. He was very, very ineffective last year coming back from injury.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
His knee is supposedly 100%, if he is 100% from his achiles as well he could still be a good player for us. I'm keeping my expectations low after what we last saw of him in an Oilers jersey.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
To your guys' point, Sekera has basically missed the better part of 2 years, starting in the AHL just seems sensible for everyone, because you don't need him to struggle and lose confidence.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
To your guys' point, Sekera has basically missed the better part of 2 years, starting in the AHL just seems sensible for everyone, because you don't need him to struggle and lose confidence.

I am glad that he's being a pro about it because we can't lose points while trying to get him up to speed.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I am glad that he's being a pro about it because we can't lose points while trying to get him up to speed.
Well for what it's worth, coming back from the knee injury was his first major injury recovery, so he probably learned from how tough it was for him to return to form (more or less)

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
From everything I have heard Sekera is a great pro and great teammate. He probably remembers how he was when he came back last year and how it effected him and the team. He definitely doesn't want to be a detriment to the team.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Idk how he can come back and be more than a bottom pair guy. Having 2 major injuries b2b at his age is not a good sign.

But, hopefully he can come back and play well.

Heck, even a good bottom pairing dman would be much needed at this point considering our current personnel on D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->