The Coronavirus Haircut Thread

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
I'm getting really close to having to do this. I typically go every 4 weeks. Was lucky enough to go a bit before shutdown. But I'm at about 10 weeks now and my hats don't even fit

Reactions: JMCx4

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Why are so many people against just letting their hair grow? I've learned that people seemingly can't live without a haircut.
I'm at the point where I need one. It's been 8 months. I can only comb my hair back so far. I work in the kind of environment where appearances matter, whether or not I care. Only reason my boss hasn't explicitly asked me to get one, is because of the shutdown.

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
I'm at the point where I need one. It's been 8 months. I can only comb my hair back so far. I work in the kind of environment where appearances matter, whether or not I care. Only reason my boss hasn't explicitly asked me to get one, is because of the shutdown.

Just shave it all off, grow a manly but symmetric manly beard, wear a suit, then you won't have to worry about it for another couple months at least, and your boss won't have anything to whine about. Problem solved, unless you're one of those that looks weirdly awful without hair, or wearing a classy suit.

This statement applies to all men in this thread. If you don't need to worry about your hair, then wait for barber shops to open and then let the professionals worry about the amazonian rainforest on your head, use machetes to trim the excess hair, but if your hair makes you look like a caveman and work requires you to NOT look like you haven't groomed yourself in years, then just shave it all away.

It'll be 10 times better than if you tried cutting your own hair, or got your significant other to do it for you based on my personal experience.

Anyways, I wish you well in the hairy adventures that await you in the near future.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Just shave it all off, grow a manly but symmetric manly beard, wear a suit, then you won't have to worry about it for another couple months at least, and your boss won't have anything to whine about. Problem solved, unless you're one of those that looks weirdly awful without hair, or wearing a classy suit.

This statement applies to all men in this thread. If you don't need to worry about your hair, then wait for barber shops to open and then let the professionals worry about the amazonian rainforest on your head, use machetes to trim the excess hair, but if your hair makes you look like a caveman and work requires you to NOT look like you haven't groomed yourself in years, then just shave it all away.

It'll be 10 times better than if you tried cutting your own hair, or got your significant other to do it for you based on my personal experience.

Anyways, I wish you well in the hairy adventures that await you in the near future.
Ha, I'd look awful bald. I can't grow a beard, believe me, I'm trying. I wear suits/sweaters - I've just some wicked flow to go with it. I live alone, so no one to cut my hair. Don't trust myself. :laugh:

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
A wise choice. Overconfidence and thoughtlessness can lead to necessary baldness, believe me.
I legit debated driving to an adjacent town the other day, seeing as I live in one of two cities in Alberta that didn't open. Probably kind of unnecessary and immoral though.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
I don’t have an option in the hair department (don’t know any hairdressers and trust my friends to cut my hair about as much as I would Sweeney Todd), so that is getting absolutely long and bordering on ridiculous. Def the longest it’s been since my school years.

My beard, I hit a breaking point today. Always had trouble growing in a complete one. Patchy and thin in some areas. But when grown out those spots were hard to locate and looked decent. So with all of this going on and outside of work zooms, I barely had to see anyone and I let my beard go. “Wouldn’t be surprised if someone mistakes me for a homeless person” let it go. But like stated above, I just can’t do it.

Growing a beard is just as much mental as physical. I couldn’t eat another mustache hair or itch anymore. Unfortunately, we lost the beard.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
You are obviously a dexterous fellow. I, on the other hand, am not.
Only tough part is straightening the back. That requires holding a mirror in one hand while looking in a second mirror and remembering that what you are seeing vs your hand movement is reversed. It's kind of like backing a trailer or flying a plane.....certain things are counterintuitive at first.

I don’t have an option in the hair department (don’t know any hairdressers and trust my friends to cut my hair about as much as I would Sweeney Todd), so that is getting absolutely long and bordering on ridiculous. Def the longest it’s been since my school years.

My beard, I hit a breaking point today. Always had trouble growing in a complete one. Patchy and thin in some areas. But when grown out those spots were hard to locate and looked decent. So with all of this going on and outside of work zooms, I barely had to see anyone and I let my beard go. “Wouldn’t be surprised if someone mistakes me for a homeless person” let it go. But like stated above, I just can’t do it.

Growing a beard is just as much mental as physical. I couldn’t eat another mustache hair or itch anymore. Unfortunately, we lost the beard.

Beards usually only itch for a 2 or 3 day period. No good if you can't grow a proper full one though.

Last edited by a moderator:

MVP of West Hollywd

Oct 28, 2008
I normally HATE my hair when it gets too long, but I gave myself the Anakin Attack of the Clones mini ponytail and so far I like the feeling. I might try growing it out into a longer ponytail. If your hair is as long as Revenge of the Sith Anakin you can give yourself the Attack of the Clones Anakin. The youtube tutorials don't take too long to figure out.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I normally HATE my hair when it gets too long, but I gave myself the Anakin Attack of the Clones mini ponytail and so far I like the feeling. I might try growing it out into a longer ponytail. If your hair is as long as Revenge of the Sith Anakin you can give yourself the Attack of the Clones Anakin. The youtube tutorials don't take too long to figure out.
A padawan braid to go with it?

Reactions: Pez68

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
I'm in California and my hair is the longest it's been since high school (many decades ago). I refuse to get a "black market" haircut though and will only give my business to my regular hair guy when he is able to give me a haircut legally. And I'll give him an extra large tip as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->