The coolest names of hockey championship

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Blade Jenkins. Seriously, how could it take this long before someone said this name?

Oh, Also Ron Tugnutt and Frank McCool.

The Roy Of Ottawa

HOCKEY HALL OF FAME
Oct 4, 2017
Benoit Hogue = Coolest name ever!

When pronounced correctly, it sounds like an action hero name. It makes me think of Hogan's Heroes, Hulk Hogan, Paul Hogan (Crocodile Dundee), Tarzan, James Bond.

Benoit Hogue Stats and News

Benoît Hogue - Wikipedia

latest

Last edited:

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
These probably won't be anywhere near the top but,

Syl Apps
Jocelyn Gauvreau
Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen

HMs to Erik Walli-Walterholm & Eetu Tuulola

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
This thread begins and ends with Bob Beers. You just cannot possibly find a cooler real hockey name than Bob Beers.
What about his former defense pair partner Steve Martini? Not making it up, the Oilers had Beers & Martini on the blue line. Which makes sense because the only way you could handle being an Oiler fan in the early 90s was to drink heavily.

Feb 24, 2017
What about his former defense pair partner Steve Martini? Not making it up, the Oilers had Beers & Martini on the blue line. Which makes sense because the only way you could handle being an Oiler fan in the early 90s was to drink heavily.
I’ll be honest, Steve Martini is a new name to me, and I go back to the 90-91 season as a full time fan. That’s a fantastic name pairing that I hope they put together primarily for the laughs.

Edit- it was Darcy Martini and he played two games in Edmonton the year Bob Beers was there. Very cool.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I’ll be honest, Steve Martini is a new name to me, and I go back to the 90-91 season as a full time fan. That’s a fantastic name pairing that I hope they put together primarily for the laughs.

Edit- it was Darcy Martini and he played two games in Edmonton the year Bob Beers was there. Very cool.
Could have sworn it was Steve. He wasn't good anyway from what I recall (which isn't reliable obviously as I didn't even get his name right)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad