TV: The Conners

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
She accused Michael Fishman of throwing her under the bus after she got him and like 200 people fired.

Anyway, she has tweeted some horrible things before she came back to TV including calling Hillary Clinton a C U Next Tuesday. So yes I would agree that this is just who she is and her apology was fake.

She also said she was leaving twitter and hasn’t done that yet. Honestly, I’m so sick of her. It pains me to say that because I have so much respect for her talent. I loved the original Roseanne show. It was one of the best sitcoms of its era, but she has a lot of issues. How many people did she fire back in the day? She must be so tough to work with. She’s her own worst enemy.

Reactions: The Madrigal

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
I'm all in for the series to continue without Roseanne. Hopefully she holds true to the fact the she feels awful about how what she did affected the others involved in the show & does not prevent it from happening.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
She also said she was leaving twitter and hasn’t done that yet. Honestly, I’m so sick of her. It pains me to say that because I have so much respect for her talent. I loved the original Roseanne show. It was one of the best sitcoms of its era, but she has a lot of issues. How many people did she fire back in the day? She must be so tough to work with. She’s her own worst enemy.
Makes the movie She-Devil look more like a bio-pic than a fictional film...

The Roy Of Ottawa

HOCKEY HALL OF FAME
Oct 4, 2017
Why does Bill Maher get to apologize and keep his job at HBO after calling himself a house n*****, but Roseanne Barr has to go away? Is it because Roseanne Barr's comment was made on twitter and directed at one specific person, not herself?

The Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HBO is a white male Jew named Richard Plepler. Bill Maher is half Catholic/half Jewish. The president of ABC is a black woman named Channing Dungey, who was personally affronted by Rosanne Barr's tweet about Valerie Jarrett, a black woman.

The reboot of the Roseanne Barr Show was celebrated by the media for drawing 25 million viewers on its debut episode. The 10 million total viewers gleaned from its Tuesday showing is indicative of a 23 percent drop in overall viewership and a 26 percent drop in a key demographic for the ABC comedy. This resulted in a 2.5 Nielsen ratings drop. ...Los Angeles and New York City turned in the lowest ratings for a geographic area for the show and are the two top media markets in the country.

Ambien blackouts and Ambien Zombies are real, at least lawyers have made the case for it. Bill Maher had no such defence. He knowingly and with forethought said what he said, as a paid entertainer, during working hours. And it is not far-fetched to believe that a comedian, who makes their living from being socially and political edgy, could produce a racist remark while under the influence of Ambien. Maher did it stone cold sober.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Why does Bill Maher get to apologize and keep his job at HBO after calling himself a house n*****, but Roseanne Barr has to go away? Is it because Roseanne Barr's comment was made on twitter and directed at one specific person, not herself?

The Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HBO is a white male Jew named Richard Plepler. Bill Maher is half Catholic/half Jewish. The president of ABC is a black woman named Channing Dungey, who was personally affronted by Rosanne Barr's tweet about Valerie Jarrett, a black woman.

The reboot of the Roseanne Barr Show was celebrated by the media for drawing 25 million viewers on its debut episode. The 10 million total viewers gleaned from its Tuesday showing is indicative of a 23 percent drop in overall viewership and a 26 percent drop in a key demographic for the ABC comedy. This resulted in a 2.5 Nielsen ratings drop. ...Los Angeles and New York City turned in the lowest ratings for a geographic area for the show and are the two top media markets in the country.

Ambien blackouts and Ambien Zombies are real, at least lawyers have made the case for it. Bill Maher had no such defence. He knowingly and with forethought said what he said, as a paid entertainer, during working hours. And it is not far-fetched to believe that a comedian, who makes their living from being socially and political edgy, could produce a racist remark while under the influence of Ambien. Maher did it stone cold sober.

I think this is partially it. She's directing the slur at someone else. Self-deprication is a lot more acceptable than attacking others, even if you use the same words.

HBO is also a lot edgier and racy than mostly any network as well.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Also, I don't recall anyone I've ever known to be on Ambien that just start making out-of-character comments, like someone going on social media to make racist comments. On that same note, I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone who is so intoxicated that they're going onto a huge media platform to make racial comments, but also doesn't misspell or mispunctuate their tweets.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC

710x528_1327558_1209884_1459319531.jpg

Huggy43

Jan 13, 2016
Burnaby, BC
Also, I don't recall anyone I've ever known to be on Ambien that just start making out-of-character comments, like someone going on social media to make racist comments. On that same note, I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone who is so intoxicated that they're going onto a huge media platform to make racial comments, but also doesn't misspell or mispunctuate their tweets.
Yeah but also not knowing anyone whose ever had crazy side effects with ambien doesnt mean it doesn't happen.

Autocorrect?

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
It was Memorial day and she was drunk, she made a huge mistake. The other lesson is to stay away from Twitter, Twitter is for twits.

being racist is not a mistake. even you are drunk and it's a holiday.

this isn't the first time she did something racist. again. she dressed up like hitler, created jewish gingerbread men, burnt them and took photos of it. don't make excuses for racist behaviour.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA

You are right. I demand ABC cancel Bill Maher's show!

ABC to End 'Politically Incorrect'

Wow that was fast!

Reactions: The Macho Man

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Its quite simple. BM insulted himself, RB insulted a person. Also, HBO isnt ABC and isnt owned by Disney.

Anyway, I read on TMZ that a second Roseanne reboot focussing on Dan or Darlene could be announced as soon as this week and would result in the cast and crew not losing their jobs.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Its quite simple. BM insulted himself, RB insulted a person. Also, HBO isnt ABC and isnt owned by Disney.

Anyway, I read on TMZ that a second Roseanne reboot focussing on Dan or Darlene could be announced as soon as this week and would result in the cast and crew not losing their jobs.

So how do you do that without killing off Roseanne? How do they not even up back in the Connor house etc?

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

I am a bit shocked that John Goodman has reportedly signed on so quickly--maybe his movie work is slowing down or something

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
I never cared for Roseanne or any of her shows. I believe the free market only should always decide what should stay on the air or be canceled(unless the material is illegal) and not the vocal minority of angry, toxic, virtue signalling hypocrites on the internet. I already caught a few people online saying the show should be canceled because of her racist comment but yet were making racist comments to others online and some of those racist comments were far worse than what Roseanne said in her tweet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Huggy43

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Anyone remember that show the Hogan Family? Was called Valeries family for two seasons and then Valerie Harper left the show over a dispute with producers. They wrote her out of the show by car accident, brought in Sandy Duncan as the aunt/mother figure and the show went on for 3 more seasons.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Anyone remember that show the Hogan Family? Was called Valeries family for two seasons and then Valerie Harper left the show over a dispute with producers. They wrote her out of the show by car accident, brought in Sandy Duncan as the aunt/mother figure and the show went on for 3 more seasons.

big difference here--Rosanne co-created the show and was EP

they would have to buy her out to use the characters and she has told them to go hum--something for most people is physically impossible

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
big difference here--Rosanne co-created the show and was EP

they would have to buy her out to use the characters and she has told them to go hum--something for most people is physically impossible
I read an article from a couple of days ago where a source close to her said she is considering stepping out of the way so some form of the show or spinoff can happen.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I read an article from a couple of days ago where a source close to her said she is considering stepping out of the way so some form of the show or spinoff can happen.

what she says changes from day to day

one article suggested that ABC has offered a shit lowed of money to walk way and that it the motivation for everything going on right how

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->