TV: The Conners

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
If it was an isolated incident I'd be willing to brush it off, but it's certainly not the case. Her rap sheet is considerable. You (rightfully) don't get the benefit of the doubt in those cases, even if it's the singular incident where you truly just went for a harmless joke.
Right. As I said, out of context.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Too bad, it seemed like a a good show. ABC may have overreacted, Rosanne was rude and racist and should be punished. The show being cancelled was too much, why not fine her or even write her out of the show?

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Too bad, it seemed like a a good show. ABC may have overreacted, Rosanne was rude and racist and should be punished. The show being cancelled was too much, why not fine her or even write her out of the show?
How exactly would you expect them to successfully write off the namesake of the TV show? Roseanne isn't Roseanne without... Roseanne.... lol

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
To me it just seems like she's sorry her racist views got out, not that she's sorry about anything she said.

I have two suggestions for you, Roseanne. The first is don't be racist. The second is, seek help. The first step to healing is acceptance of the problem you have.

Doing that would go much further than any half-baked apology.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
How exactly would you expect them to successfully write off the namesake of the TV show? Roseanne isn't Roseanne without... Roseanne.... lol
It wouldn't be as good, no argument there, but Laverne and Shirley continued without Shirley.

Last edited:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
So Jimmy Kimmel suggested last night that ABC should continue the show under the name "Dan". Since then, it's gained a lot of support with fans of the show, as many feel the cast, crew, and fans of the show shouldn't suffer because of one person, with fans suggesting a new show called "Jackie" or as Kimmel suggested "Dan" be created and aired instead.

Apparently since then it's gained some traction internally at ABC, however since Roseanne is credited as a co-creator of the show, she would need to be paid on any sort of continuation of the show. So apparently, EW's ABC Sources told them that ABC is considering a brand new sitcom using the crew and some of the cast.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
So Jimmy Kimmel suggested last night that ABC should continue the show under the name "Dan". Since then, it's gained a lot of support with fans of the show, as many feel the cast, crew, and fans of the show shouldn't suffer because of one person, with fans suggesting a new show called "Jackie" or as Kimmel suggested "Dan" be created and aired instead.

Apparently since then it's gained some traction internally at ABC, however since Roseanne is credited as a co-creator of the show, she would need to be paid on any sort of continuation of the show. So apparently, EW's ABC Sources told them that ABC is considering a brand new sitcom using the crew and some of the cast.
Laurie Metcalf open to idea of Roseanne spin-off with John Goodman and Sara Gilbert, will make $4.5M | Daily Mail Online

Sounds like the show might just continue in some sort of way without Roseanne. If the woman has any class at all she will do her part to allow it to happen since she cost all of those people their jobs. I doubt she would do the right thing though.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
It's obviously quite cruel to suggest Valerie Jarrett resembles one of the apes from Planet Of The Apes, but how is that racist?

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
It was Memorial day and she was drunk, she made a huge mistake. The other lesson is to stay away from Twitter, Twitter is for twits.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
She continued to RT bat**** crazy stuff even after the cancellation. She isn't sorry. This is who she is.
She accused Michael Fishman of throwing her under the bus after she got him and like 200 people fired.

Anyway, she has tweeted some horrible things before she came back to TV including calling Hillary Clinton a C U Next Tuesday. So yes I would agree that this is just who she is and her apology was fake.

Huggy43

Jan 13, 2016
Burnaby, BC
She accused Michael Fishman of throwing her under the bus after she got him and like 200 people fired.

Anyway, she has tweeted some horrible things before she came back to TV including calling Hillary Clinton a C U Next Tuesday. So yes I would agree that this is just who she is and her apology was fake.
Sorry for my upcoming "whataboutism" but
If calling a lady the C word is considered "horrible" what do you think of Samantha Bee calling Ivanka a C U next Tuesday? I'm a big fan of Samantha's & have been since her start on The Daily Show but I think she is capable of making a wittier joke. Maybe it's the fact my family is Scottish & the C word is dropped ALL the time.... but it felt lazy.

End on a Hinote

Registered Abuser
Aug 22, 2011
Northern British Columbia
Sorry for my upcoming "whataboutism" but
If calling a lady the C word is considered "horrible" what do you think of Samantha Bee calling Ivanka a C U next Tuesday? I'm a big fan of Samantha's & have been since her start on The Daily Show but I think she is capable of making a wittier joke. Maybe it's the fact my family is Scottish & the C word is dropped ALL the time.... but it felt lazy.

Yeah, but I always wanted to hear Sailor Moon called someone a ****.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad