Speculation: The Coaching Search (Friedman: Ruff to be next HC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
I think Yzerman gets him in Detroit if they change.
Yzerman has his work cut out for him. He will need to continue to build through free agency or trades. There is a lot of parity right in that wheelhouse in the east, and one or two teams just getting a little better (i.e. Buffalo, Ottawa, or Philly) and all of a sudden next year he is in the Sabres shoes.

I am still not sold on what he is doing there.

Nikolajs Sillers

Jan 2, 2021
I don't know how to connect Genesis to hockey but I heard Phil Collins is big fan for hits. He has some for himself :laugh:.I like old fart.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Gimme some assessments on Craig Berube
A few people posted the thread from the Blues forum from when he was fired. Not many were happy about it, a few folks had some criticisms about his X's and O's but no major red flags. I also did some reading on news articles about him the past several years and no red flags there either.

I think the only concern would be if his preferred system would work well with the particular group we have, which may be a legit question.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
I don't know how to connect Genesis to hockey but I heard Phil Collins is big fan for hits. He has some for himself :laugh:.I like old fart.

1713545143829.png
1713545159584.png
1713545178801.png
1713545190840.png
1713545227387.png

1713545246234.png

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I don't see it. Adams believes the talent is there for a stanley cup run next year. He's not looking for just a next-step coach, he's looking for an all the steps coach.
I don't quite understand, you don't see McLellan in Buffalo or what? Well, I hope it won't happen.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
How about Rush ? Geddy and Alex grew up with Steve Shutt in Toronto. Geddy is a huge baseball fan as well. He idolized Sandy Koufax when he was a kid.

1713546896205.png

1713546939209.png

1713546954666.png

Reactions: oldgoalie

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
I thought we would have heard about coaches being interviewed by now. Adams ran out that interview like he was flying coaches in that night. I have heard nothing from any news outlets about guys the Sabres are even interested in. Agents would be floating this info to reporters by now to drum up the interest of other teams too.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
I thought we would have heard about coaches being interviewed by now. Adams ran out that interview like he was flying coaches in that night. I have heard nothing from any news outlets about guys the Sabres are even interested in. Agents would be floating this info to reporters by now to drum up the interest of other teams too.
Unless.......there is already a backroom deal with RBA but nobody can say anything because it would be tampering......

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Adams really put on a show. Not sure how much of that confidence was real.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
The thing with RBA is he may not want to leave but if Carolina once again comes up short and disappoints in the playoffs, management might want to try the team under a new direction.

In all reality, RBA really has no say if he wants to stay. If he gets replaced will he think of going to another team? That's another matter entirely but this narrative that RBA isn't going anywhere matters completely on the organization and not him.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
I'm surprised we have not heard more buzz from legitimate sources regarding who Adam's had talked to.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Since RBA is a pipe dream, if nothing is announced after another week or so, I will be very skeptical about KA's statement of "having a plan". I don't remember which previous Sabres coaching change this reminds me of, but the GM abruptly fired a coach, and it ended up taking a while before a lame selection was made...like there was no plan or a really crappy one that didn't turn out and went to a 2nd or 3rd option.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Since RBA is a pipe dream, if nothing is announced after another week or so, I will be very skeptical about KA's statement of "having a plan". I don't remember which previous Sabres coaching change this reminds me of, but the GM abruptly fired a coach, and it ended up taking a while before a lame selection was made...like there was no plan or a really crappy one that didn't turn out and went to a 2nd or 3rd option.
He can always have a plan....... But that doesn't mean anyone else is going to go along with it.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
From a pure here and now perspective I think Q would have the most success the quickest. I watched him here in Chicago and have has a few insights into those teams from employees at the time. He rides a select few, in his case 4 HOFers Sharpe Seabrook and Kjarmarlson and adequate goaltending, very very very hard. He is an end justifies the means type of person. The minutes Keith logged even when not fully healthy were insane. He doesn’t care about development. He exploits what you bring to the table and doesn’t really care or think it his job to teach or extract new talents, see Kane, Patrick.

He doesn’t care if you are a choir boy or convict and he doesn’t care about anything other than winning. I also believe, based on some whispers, that he knew what was going on and did not care or feel it was his problem.

After 13 years I would like that type of win at all costs attitude. Even voted that way in the thread. But I cannot see him and TPegs ever gelling. Rocky Wirtz was as much a fan as Terry, but he was willing to look away in order to pack the barn and host parades. I think Terry values image above all else and it would not be a fit. And after reflection I don’t think I could ever get behind a guy like him without some substantial act of contrition. Jmho.

I don’t know… by your description of Q, I’m not sure he sounds like a very good fit for the Sabres next head coach.

I think there’s still development left to do. They have a lot of young players on the roster and lots more on the way. I don’t know that they’re at a point where they can abandon development. I want a coach that can win now but also help the players continue to grow their games.

Like you said, I don’t think Q is realistic anyway with the Pegulas as owners and Adams as GM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad